Portico updates for T Mobile Lumia 810?

ssapre

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Any words if when can we see it on 810? ATT already has it for 920 / 820 and T Mobile has it for HTC.... so 810 next ?

kbagrows

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Good question. I find the 810 camera to be a little fuzzy, like many of the complaints regarding the 920's camera. Apparently, the new update fixes this issue. Would love to know if it also fixes the issue for the 820, and if a similar update is forthcoming for our 810's. I started a thread on TMo's site posing the same question, hopefully a mod will answer.

ssapre

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Good question. I find the 810 camera to be a little fuzzy, like many of the complaints regarding the 920's camera. Apparently, the new update fixes this issue. Would love to know if it also fixes the issue for the 820, and if a similar update is forthcoming for our 810's. I started a thread on TMo's site posing the same question, hopefully a mod will answer.
I dropped a note to one of their CSR who used to reply my mails... so far no response !!

MykeSorrel

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site
and people are reporting they're getting another update on reddit. I left Android and hopefully this doesn't take to long, because if this is how Windows Phone updates occur might as well go back (as far as updates and apps are concerned) or i guess get a "better" device.

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
and people are reporting they're getting another update on reddit. I left Android and hopefully this doesn't take to long, because if this is how Windows Phone updates occur might as well go back (as far as updates and apps are concerned) or i guess get a "better" device.

First of all, I don't think the updates process should be compared to Android here, WP gets updates consistently better than Android.

MykeSorrel

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site
First of all, I don't think the updates process should be compared to Android here, WP gets updates consistently better than Android.

Did i assert they didn't? I said i hope i doesn't pan out that way for the handset i purchased, or i will either getting a better WP or go back to Android, that simple.

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
Did i assert they didn't? I said i hope i doesn't pan out that way for the handset i purchased, or i will either getting a better WP or go back to Android, that simple.

They are not going to leave anyone out here... that's the purpose of OTA updates. Also Nokia has pushed a ton of system updates since I bought this phone not even a month from now, so I am very assured that they won't abandon this phone. Also there has already been some issues regarding the recent Portico update and I am glad we (810 users) are having very less to no issues at all. Its better to run a OS without hiccups rather than updating to the latest version and suffer. I do understand that there will be some less noise regarding the 810 and 822 since these are not global phones as compared to the 920/820 but since the OS and core are shared, the updates will work fine, I am also glad T-Mobile is doing enough testing (I guess that's causing the delay, or busy promoting Android handsets) before pushing the Portico update, for the records I have owned the HTC Radar and Nokia Lumia 710 from T-Mobile and both of them received the Tango and Tango Refresh 2 updates pretty soon (as compared to AT&T and Verizon :grin:) so I don't think T-Mobile will dupe us...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon