Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By pankaj981

Any words if when can we see it on 810? ATT already has it for 920 / 820 and T Mobile has it for HTC.... so 810 next ?

Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    Good question. I find the 810 camera to be a little fuzzy, like many of the complaints regarding the 920's camera. Apparently, the new update fixes this issue. Would love to know if it also fixes the issue for the 820, and if a similar update is forthcoming for our 810's. I started a thread on TMo's site posing the same question, hopefully a mod will answer.

Quote Originally Posted by kbagrows View Post
    Good question. I find the 810 camera to be a little fuzzy, like many of the complaints regarding the 920's camera. Apparently, the new update fixes this issue. Would love to know if it also fixes the issue for the 820, and if a similar update is forthcoming for our 810's. I started a thread on TMo's site posing the same question, hopefully a mod will answer.
    I dropped a note to one of their CSR who used to reply my mails... so far no response !!

Hey any idea as to if/when we're getting an update? I'm really hoping for better focus on the camera and maybe improved battery life.

Quote Originally Posted by markdotinc View Post
    Hey any idea as to if/when we're getting an update? I'm really hoping for better focus on the camera and maybe improved battery life.
    Keep on checking Navifirm or WPCentral I usually check Navifirm first...

Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    Yeah that camera hopefully will be fixed. Looks so good on the screen then I take it and .... its a blurry mess :(

No words from TMO yet..

Global Posts
    6 Global Posts
    and people are reporting they're getting another update on reddit. I left Android and hopefully this doesn't take to long, because if this is how Windows Phone updates occur might as well go back (as far as updates and apps are concerned) or i guess get a "better" device.

Give it some time, T-MO and Verizon are likely just testing. Nokia won't let these devices go without updates.

Quote Originally Posted by MykeSorrel View Post
    and people are reporting they're getting another update on reddit. I left Android and hopefully this doesn't take to long, because if this is how Windows Phone updates occur might as well go back (as far as updates and apps are concerned) or i guess get a "better" device.
    First of all, I don't think the updates process should be compared to Android here, WP gets updates consistently better than Android.
    ssapre likes this.

Global Posts
    6 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pankaj981 View Post
    First of all, I don't think the updates process should be compared to Android here, WP gets updates consistently better than Android.
    Did i assert they didn't? I said i hope i doesn't pan out that way for the handset i purchased, or i will either getting a better WP or go back to Android, that simple.

Quote Originally Posted by MykeSorrel View Post
    Did i assert they didn't? I said i hope i doesn't pan out that way for the handset i purchased, or i will either getting a better WP or go back to Android, that simple.
    They are not going to leave anyone out here... that's the purpose of OTA updates. Also Nokia has pushed a ton of system updates since I bought this phone not even a month from now, so I am very assured that they won't abandon this phone. Also there has already been some issues regarding the recent Portico update and I am glad we (810 users) are having very less to no issues at all. Its better to run a OS without hiccups rather than updating to the latest version and suffer. I do understand that there will be some less noise regarding the 810 and 822 since these are not global phones as compared to the 920/820 but since the OS and core are shared, the updates will work fine, I am also glad T-Mobile is doing enough testing (I guess that's causing the delay, or busy promoting Android handsets) before pushing the Portico update, for the records I have owned the HTC Radar and Nokia Lumia 710 from T-Mobile and both of them received the Tango and Tango Refresh 2 updates pretty soon (as compared to AT&T and Verizon ) so I don't think T-Mobile will dupe us...