Ringtone maker messed up my phone, help please!

MrTofu

Oct 27, 2012
Visit site
Hi everyone, not sure where I should've posted this but I'm desperate. Installed nokia's ringtone maker on my 810. Had fun editing songs, cool. But the ringtones made from the app didn't work. Bummer. Oh well. But now NONE of my ringtones work when I receive calls. It's just silence. ring volume is turned on. Notification sounds are fine. Uninstalled ap, deleted ringtones made from app, powered phone off and on several times. Still nothing when i receive calls. please Help!

Dave Blake

Mod and Ambassador Team Emeritus
Jan 11, 2008
Visit site
Did you reassign a ringtone in settings? When you are in the ringtones list in settings and you tap play will the OG ringtones play?

MrTofu

Oct 27, 2012
Visit site
Yes I reassigned ringtones. When I tap to preview they play. But none of the selected ringtones (songs or OG) will sound. Interestingly, when the vibrate function is turned on, it will no longer vibrate either.

MrTofu

Oct 27, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, I already did as it seemed like the only option. Fixed the problem. Just trying to figure out now how to get all the Nokia updates back on my phone. Do u think they will notify me of updates? Checked w wife's phone and the version numbers are definitely older.

MrTofu

Oct 27, 2012
Visit site
Ok, that's good news. Thanks! Do u guys know of a good ringtone app that allows one to select portions of their own music? Too bad the Nokia app was such a disaster, the concept was great.
*edit* received all of the updates I was waiting on! :)

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)