Wow us 810 owners are totally ignored.

smurfercom

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
wpcentral still has not updated the front page for the Lumia 810. Everybody gets their updates to all other 8 phones except us 810 owners. Thanks to T-mob they have full control over the updates and refuse to give us any info when/if it will be released. If were waiting this long you guys better get WiFi calling enabled and fix the rest of the bugs within the OS. I'd also like to address the storage issue with the other folder, you guys need to look into this asap! There are users with over 6gigs of other storage robbing them of loading new apps. Mine just keeps growing everyday pretty soon there will be no space left on this 4gig wonder of a phone. I have like four apps installed and all pics and vids to the SD. I also have Cali map loaded but that's only 200 some odd mb's. You also need to address the the SD card and let us store/load apps to the card. Please throw us a bone!

Jnbs

Mar 20, 2012
Visit site
Apps will not be stored on the card.. And let T-mo know they are the ones that don't want to release the update

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
Well I kinda agree with smurfercom, WPCentral should update their records to show Lumia 810. I was having a hard time understanding how to update my latest device to Lumia 810 in my WPCentral profile, I figured it out though...

waazzupppp

Sep 28, 2009
Visit site
What you are asking for isn't even supported in Windows Phone... As far as the update goes, T-Mo doesn't have one in house at the moment, so start asking Nokia for it (since they have sold about 50k of the 810's, it's probably low on the list - especially since the 7.8 updates are starting to be readied for rollout)... It's funny how the updates were going to be pushed OTA from Microsoft, but not all the devices got it at the same time, nor is it available for all devices right now. Something to remember though, I haven't had any off the issues like the random rebooting that many had with WP8 so I'm not needing the update quite yet.

Now regarding the update - there will be no WiFi calling app - just like the Radar and 710 before - because there is no demand for it. T-Mo sells 50 Android phones to every 1 WP device. Heck, there are more iPhones on T-Mo than WP... WiFi calling was done up for Android because the bones were already done by SIPDroid and GrooVIP... Sure, they could use Skype's backbone and run WiFi off that, but, again, for the limited number of devices, why would they bother?

As far as the storage goes, you must be from Android in the past, because installing Apps to the SD card will not be coming to WP anytime soon - or ever for that matter. There are too many issues with cards kicking the bucket, installing incorrectly and having read/write issues to even try that at the moment. As a matter of fact, I've had to repair my SD card 3 times now, and that's without ever removing it (except to fix the issues) and just restarting the phone.The basics of internal storage on this thing is that 1.9GB is system software - around 2GB is reserved "other memory" - this leaves around 4 for Apps and Games... Considering the larger games are .5GB, you won't have much room left after installing a few. Apps on the other hand, are pretty small for the most part so balance is important for limited memory handsets.

Hopefully you can see that the 810 is really an entry level phone, that hopefully you didn't pay $150 for on contract. This is why so many people were recommending the HTC 8x over the 810 - internal storage nearly universal updates. While I do agree that Central should get their records straight and get us our listing easier to manage, again, it's not a deal breaker for me.

smurfercom

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
What you are asking for isn't even supported in Windows Phone... As far as the update goes, T-Mo doesn't have one in house at the moment, so start asking Nokia for it (since they have sold about 50k of the 810's, it's probably low on the list - especially since the 7.8 updates are starting to be readied for rollout)... It's funny how the updates were going to be pushed OTA from Microsoft, but not all the devices got it at the same time, nor is it available for all devices right now. Something to remember though, I haven't had any off the issues like the random rebooting that many had with WP8 so I'm not needing the update quite yet.

Now regarding the update - there will be no WiFi calling app - just like the Radar and 710 before - because there is no demand for it. T-Mo sells 50 Android phones to every 1 WP device. Heck, there are more iPhones on T-Mo than WP... WiFi calling was done up for Android because the bones were already done by SIPDroid and GrooVIP... Sure, they could use Skype's backbone and run WiFi off that, but, again, for the limited number of devices, why would they bother?

As far as the storage goes, you must be from Android in the past, because installing Apps to the SD card will not be coming to WP anytime soon - or ever for that matter. There are too many issues with cards kicking the bucket, installing incorrectly and having read/write issues to even try that at the moment. As a matter of fact, I've had to repair my SD card 3 times now, and that's without ever removing it (except to fix the issues) and just restarting the phone.The basics of internal storage on this thing is that 1.9GB is system software - around 2GB is reserved "other memory" - this leaves around 4 for Apps and Games... Considering the larger games are .5GB, you won't have much room left after installing a few. Apps on the other hand, are pretty small for the most part so balance is important for limited memory handsets.

Hopefully you can see that the 810 is really an entry level phone, that hopefully you didn't pay $150 for on contract. This is why so many people were recommending the HTC 8x over the 810 - internal storage nearly universal updates. While I do agree that Central should get their records straight and get us our listing easier to manage, again, it's not a deal breaker for me.

Thanks for the concise reply. I paid 80.00 for the phone 25.00 a month for the family plan and don't have regrets. This phone has worked perfect otb not one reboot. No issues with the SD card so far, but I still need that extra storage for my movies and vids. So the 8X just won't cut it for me heck even the 920 wouldn't be enough for me that's why I went with the 810. As far entry level I don't know what that means but to me the 820 would be more the budget phone. No GG2, no 1800 mAh batt among other things. I also think the 810's screen looks better than the 8X regardless of the 8X's resolution. To me when screens are this small it's really hard to tell any difference from 480x600 to 1280x768 plus the 810 doesn't suffer from off angle viewing and drawing power for back lighting.

BBMohr48

Feb 16, 2013
Visit site
wpcentral still has not updated the front page for the Lumia 810. Everybody gets their updates to all other 8 phones except us 810 owners. Thanks to T-mob they have full control over the updates and refuse to give us any info when/if it will be released. If were waiting this long you guys better get WiFi calling enabled and fix the rest of the bugs within the OS. I'd also like to address the storage issue with the other folder, you guys need to look into this asap! There are users with over 6gigs of other storage robbing them of loading new apps. Mine just keeps growing everyday pretty soon there will be no space left on this 4gig wonder of a phone. I have like four apps installed and all pics and vids to the SD. I also have Cali map loaded but that's only 200 some odd mb's. You also need to address the the SD card and let us store/load apps to the card. Please throw us a bone!

Wow, I'm just sitting in shock reading this to my husband. We purchased Tmobile's Nokia Lumia 810 (2 of them) on December 31, 2012 and have had the ongoing issue with the phone's internal "other" storage. Tmo with their terrible customer service and Tmo USA on FB just removed my issue. Soo irritated! Has your storage issue been fixed yet??

Angry_Mushroom

Jan 18, 2013
Visit site
I wouldn't say the 810 is entry level. It is a perfectly fine mid-range WP device. Only thing it could really do with is a bit more storage.

ssapre

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Wow, I'm just sitting in shock reading this to my husband. We purchased Tmobile's Nokia Lumia 810 (2 of them) on December 31, 2012 and have had the ongoing issue with the phone's internal "other" storage. Tmo with their terrible customer service and Tmo USA on FB just removed my issue. Soo irritated! Has your storage issue been fixed yet??

An App named Shrink Storage should help you, though not much.... wait for few days to see this coming as fix from Nokia / MS. They have already started rolling out this for NL920.

waazzupppp

Sep 28, 2009
Visit site
I actually found an App called "Phone Storage Cleanup" that did an even better job than the other memory cleaners. Give it a try... Takes about 10 minutes to run, start to finish.

waazzupppp

Sep 28, 2009
Visit site
Just a quick reminder to everyone... Although Microsoft kind-of ducks the question... There are ways of keeping your "Other" storage smaller...

1) Do not look at Facebook photos using the People tile or the Photos tile. Both of these add the thumbs and any images directly to your 'Other' storage.
2) Adding a LinkedIn profile will add about 200MB to your 'Other' storage.
3) Apps like Facebook, Twitter and Nokia Music will save directly to your other memory. Nokia Music is a huge one for this as the downloaded 'offline' music saves into the 'Other' storage.

Watch for Apps like this after running a storage cleaner and see what happens to it after you run them. Just viewing 2 users Facebook galleries added .15GB to my 'Other' storage yesterday.

KorJax

Feb 17, 2013
Visit site
And compaired to 90% of other smart phones out there it's high end

Runs everything super fast, has NFC plus super sensative screen, with a top of the line OLED display at a good resolution

The only thing that keeps it from being "high end" is that it doesn't have super high storage (but then again, who cares with expandable storage unless you want to play a lot of games with offline GPS), and the screen isn't technically HD (but yet still looks great for the resolution). Both things are very minor and not things that "sell" a phone for me.

waazzupppp

Sep 28, 2009
Visit site
I do want to make sure that everyone knows that I do love my 810. There are quite a few blemishes that make the 810 a mid to entry level handset and T-Mobile has it priced that way now. I don't know if you noticed or not, but the 810 is down to $360 without contract. That makes it pretty

- 800x480 was a good resolution in 2011 when phones like the HTC Evo 4G came out or even going back to the HTC Touch Pro 2... Today, this resolution is a mid-range offering at best.

- NFC on the 810 can only be used with certain applications, most notably, the wallet functions are very limited. About the only thing NFC is good for on this is sharing a file - over bluetooth - that could be done without NFC using bluetooth alone.

- DLNA is non-existent except for their horrible Play To App that is still in beta. Most top end phones now offer instant sharing over DLNA for music, movies and photos.

- Internal Memory is handled very poorly. When a phone has 2GB taken by the system, 4GB by system App memory and 1GB of Apps themselves, 8 hardly seems sufficient. Sure you aren't storing music and videos - oh wait, you do store music when you install offline music players since Apps can't use the expandable memory...

- Camera lag is also something that today's super-phones have ditched, yet the 810 suffers from it severely. It can take up to 3 seconds for the camera to take it's first image with the 810 where as my wife's 8x has 3-5 photos snapped by that point.

Again, with all of this said, the 810 is a very strong handset and priced at $360 without a contract can actually go head to head with phones like the Google Nexus 4 and Samsung Galaxy S II. Yes, I meant S2 and not S3, because their price points are the same. I'll keep my 810 in my pocket for quite a while - but that storage management app sure would be a nice addition!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6