Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1.    #1  
    My new Lumia 810 exhibits weird behavior with the hardware buttons. It's basically: sometimes they light up, sometimes they don't. When I initially unlock the phone, they light up for about one second and never come on again. Other times, they come on and stay on. Is this something that will be fixed with a firmware update or something?

Global Posts
    301 Global Posts
    i dont think so i dont know of anyone i know having that issue i would get it replaced.

Quote Originally Posted by xtsubarublazin View Post
    My new Lumia 810 exhibits weird behavior with the hardware buttons. It's basically: sometimes they light up, sometimes they don't. When I initially unlock the phone, they light up for about one second and never come on again. Other times, they come on and stay on. Is this something that will be fixed with a firmware update or something?
    I noticed same. Open the phone - its not lit. Unlock the screen, still not lit. I opened one of the emails, its ON now.... I closed email, those remain ON !! I tried same with another app, it goes off when app is closed. I tried same by opening maps... that remains ON even when maps app is closed !! Seems something off (for sure am not updated with Portico so far) :-(
  4.    #4  
    What's the story with Portico? When does 810 receive that?

I went to a TMO store and one of the reps there had the same thing. We determined it's an ambient light thing. The phone won't keep the buttons illuminated if the ambient light is bright enough.