new to Lumia 810, couple of ?s re: sound profiles and live tiles

dfurlong

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
I just got my Lumia 810 a few days ago, coming from an Android phone, and have used a Blackberry before..

I was wondering, is it possible to set up sound profiles? Also, can individual sounds be set for texts? I know I can have different ringtones for contacts, but can I do the same with texts?

Also, is there a way to stop live pictures from flipping through photos? I somehow figured out how to put a photo I wanted on the Photos tile (though I can't remember how I did it). Can the same thing be done with the live tiles?

Thank you,
dfurlong

stmav

Retired Moderator
Sep 18, 2012
Visit site
Sounds for texts can't be done yet. It's something that people have wanted since WP7. Hopefully one of the future updates will bring this feature.

And do you mean the people tiles with the flipping photos?

dfurlong

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
Bummer on the sounds for texts. Also, I am thinking it is not possible to have sound profiles? I think it was referred to as a sound manager on android - but not coming up with anything in marketplace.

And yes - the flipping photos on the people tiles.

stmav

Retired Moderator
Sep 18, 2012
Visit site
Do you have your facebook friends as part of the your people hub? Or have pictures assigned to contacts? I filter out my facebook friends and had no pictures scrolling through the people hub. Once I gave family pictures on their contacts, and linked facebook friends to their contacts on my phone, the pictures started scrolling on the people tile.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo