Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!

20 Posts
    Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    So after the Portico update for the 810 my phone is still freezing up. Here are the problems that I have run into in the past 24 hours.

1. Watching a 16 minute video in MetroTube
    2. Opening up connectivity shortcuts and turning on my wifi connection
    3. Opening up a animated GIF in ROWI application

I might have to bit the bullet and have the phone repaired but I was curious if anyone else is still having stability issues with their phone?
    No issues here...
  3. dmdavid
    i have an ativ s,and yes i still have the freezing problem with portico.

189 Posts
    Global Posts
    190 Global Posts
    I've never experienced these issues prior to the update. One day after, I haven't seen any difference either.

957 Posts
    Global Posts
    961 Global Posts
    Random freezing or rebooting issues are more likely hardware related.

20 Posts
    Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    Agreed I did a warranty replacement on phone and it is much more stable

237 Posts
    Global Posts
    240 Global Posts
    My phone started crashing three days ago.

5 Posts
    Mines gotten worse... it crashed once before the update, now it's (920) crashing around twice a day

3 Posts
    My 8x (Verizon) has gone from fine to nearly-unusable. I'm on my 3rd phone, the first two got constant SIM card errors, but this one hadn't had an issue yet (albeit it had only been a week, but the other two had issues by day 2). Since updating to portico, my phone now freezes one to two times an hour, at least 50 times since I updated.

Id never seen it freeze like this before, ive got to hold the lock button down for like 8 seconds before it reboots - Any ideas? should I start from scratch and reformat my phone?

I honestly wish I hadn't updated because the group messaging function didn't get fixed like I'd hope (thanks Verizon), so what was the point?

5 Posts
    My actual problems stopped when T-Mobile sent me a new Lumia 810. Before I have had some problems with stability and Music app. Now, after receiving a new phone (like a month ago) and after the update everything work smoothly. Check, maybe it is the problem with the device, not with a software?

It just assure me about the mistake I always do, means, I always buy a new cellphone, with a new Operation System, and then I suffer... I did it with Android and G1, with Nokia, and the Symbian (Nokia 6600), and now Windows 8 and Lumia 810. I should wait at least a year before we buy a phone with a new OS.