Any Portico Issues?

MrTofu

Oct 27, 2012
Visit site
Since downloading Portico yesterday I have been noticing the auto brightness dimming and brightening when in consistent lighting. Think I recall 920 users mentioning that a while back. Anyone else experiencing this? Otherwise, I think the update has been for the better.

NocTurnerV

Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
Ever since I performed the update, my battery life has been *terrible*. With no usage and strong signal, it's losing about 15-20% battery per hour. This also happens with my backup battery. Prior to the Portico update, my battery was significantly better. Is anyone else experiencing this? 5-6 hours of uptime is just plain not going to be acceptable for me, and I hope it's something that can be resolved!

mky4b11

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
i am also exerience twice as bad battery lost used to be 1.2%/2% an hour average according to battery sense. it is now 4-5%

Wyn6

Jul 2, 2011
Visit site
Have either of you turned on persistent Wi-fi? Because, keeping Wi-Fi on all day will certainly kill your battery.

NocTurnerV

Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
Have either of you turned on persistent Wi-fi? Because, keeping Wi-Fi on all day will certainly kill your battery.

I assumed that's what it was at first, because I had turned that feature on. Unfortunately, keeping persistent WiFi off has not made any sort of difference whatsoever. There are no additional apps or background tasks running, no new power hungry-hungry apps installed, etc. The battery life has just plain gone down the toilet.

MrTofu

Oct 27, 2012
Visit site
As far as I can tell, the battery life has been about the same for me.
And I did recalibrate the phone and the brightness issue seems to have gone away. Yay.

Last edited:

mky4b11

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
I've had WiFi and persistent wifi off all day just to test the battery lost. Im On a fresh charge right now, so will be observing how it drains with regular usage.

anon(5503495)

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
I soft reset after every charge, lasts longer, is 16 hours normal use good? Because some people are saying they get like 24 hours or so. I have nothing running in the background

rush_ad

Jun 1, 2012
Visit site
I do seem to have shorter battery life after the update. Can't provide actual numbers though.

And what is this brightness calibration? How do I do that?

jgbstetson

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
After the update, I had one really bad day of battery life. But I haven't observed that since. I run with NFC and WiFi and Bluetooth on (but not usually connected). With occasional usage during the workday and heavy usage in the morning, I get home from work with 1/4 to spare. Not bad methinks.

crocobro

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Woke up this morning to see that my phone drained about 15% on airplane mode and battery saver on overnight. This definitely wasn't the case for me before the Portico update.

AAlso, how can I soft reset my phone?

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
I do seem to have shorter battery life after the update. Can't provide actual numbers though.

And what is this brightness calibration? How do I do that?

Start the phone in a pitch dark room, the screen brightness sensor sets the lower limit to the darkness and hence it gets calibrated for the lowest limit, auto brightness works as expected after that.

Guzzler3

May 4, 2012
Visit site
Heads up, you need to charge cycle your phone a couple of times after the update, in order to see any battery life improvements.

Meaning you need to run down the battery (preferably to self shutdown) and then recharge, at least once. After you should see a nice improvement in battery longevity.

tiny_hands

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
Heads up, you need to charge cycle your phone a couple of times after the update, in order to see any battery life improvements.

Meaning you need to run down the battery (preferably to self shutdown) and then recharge, at least once. After you should see a nice improvement in battery longevity.

On what information is this based? Official MS or Nokia recommendation?

Sario27

Jan 4, 2013
Visit site
The only issue I am having which isn't really an issue: I'm now again not allowed to use "Internet Sharing" without it being part of my T-Mobile plan. Before the update if you had the "Access Point" app installed in setting and selected "T-Mobile" it would some how by-pass the plan check when using "Internet Sharing". Is anyone else perhaps experiencing this issue, that could use "Internet Sharing" prior to the update with the "Access Point" bypass??

Mystictrust

May 26, 2011
Visit site
The only issue I am having which isn't really an issue: I'm now again not allowed to use "Internet Sharing" without it being part of my T-Mobile plan. Before the update if you had the "Access Point" app installed in setting and selected "T-Mobile" it would some how by-pass the plan check when using "Internet Sharing". Is anyone else perhaps experiencing this issue, that could use "Internet Sharing" prior to the update with the "Access Point" bypass??
Yep.. I think T-Mobile threw in a little extra security for themselves with Portico. Hopefully it doesn't affect unlocked phones with different sim cards in them - because then we're back to square one.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3