Lumia 810 un-available in India

Shobhit Saxena

Jan 29, 2013
Visit site
Hey all!
Recently I have done a study on all the smartphones that provides Windows8 platform. In mid price-range Lumia 620 seem promising, but I am attracted towards Lumia 810. It is not announced for Indian market. Sure Lumia 820 is available here but I wish to have Lumia 810, it is released only in US with T-Mobile.
I am working at Kiwitech, that is a mobile app company so I know about rooting and jailbreaking. Is there any way I can use it here in India.

Mystictrust

May 26, 2011
Visit site
You would have to buy unlocked from somewhere, download Nokia's access point app and put in the APN for your network. If you buy full price from T-Mobile or a T-Mobile authorized retailer, their unlocking policy states that you can fax them your full price receipt and they will unlock it for you if you call customer service (there are websites you can send faxes from without being in the US, I just don't know if T-Mobile will ship internationally)... I would call first to see if this policy still remains in effect.

Shobhit Saxena

Jan 29, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the reply buddy
There is no issue buying it for full price. If you can let me know that they ships out of US with complete process ( means unlocked version) then it will be much more convenient for me.

Angry_Mushroom

Jan 18, 2013
Visit site
I don't think the 810 is sold anywhere unlocked. It is a TMO exclusive. I'd call/contact T-mobile and see their policy on unlocking phones out the door.

Shobhit Saxena

Jan 29, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for your support buddy. If it is feasible then please let me know that they ships unlocked version of Lumia 810 out of US. It will be a great help in picking my next smartphone.
Waiting for your reply.

Mystictrust

May 26, 2011
Visit site
T-Mobile is not going to ship an unlocked version of the 810 anywhere at all. Still not sure about international shipping - but thinking about it, probably not that either.

Your choices:
1) Buy one unlocked from ebay. Last time I checked there were only two auctions for the 810, and no "buy it now" options, so you would have to bid. No idea if they ship internationally
2) Find someone in the US to buy it from T-Mobile for you. If you use PayPal for money transfer, it should protect both parties from fraud so everyone can be safe. If bought full price, as I mentioned above, T-Mobile's policy is to unlock no questions asked provided you fax in the receipt. But if you're actually having someone in the US buy it for you, I would recommend you have THAT person obtain the unlock code for you first - in case there are any unlocking issues and you want to return it.
3) Scour the internet in a search for an unlocked 810 somewhere, perhaps on the sites that generally sell unlocked phones. I imagine you may have already exhausted this option though.

Last edited:

AUCLABruin

Sep 24, 2012
Visit site
Have you also looked at the bands for you wireless provider? T-Mobile uses less common bands (I believe 900/1700/2100 of the top of my head). Most GSM carriers use different ones. That means you will be stuck with EDGE speeds.

Shobhit Saxena

Jan 29, 2013
Visit site
Thanks AUCLABruin for your concern. I have talked to my operator here in India and got info that Lumia 810 will work fine if it is carrier unlocked. I am planning to get it soon.

unstoppablekem

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
you must keep in mind that it has a very different form factor as well. The mono-block is a good design. I'm impartial to the 820 and 822.

Ik, but it is much more worth it to get a 820 from there than pay more for the same thing just in a different form factor.

AccentAE86

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
I was in a similar boat, I wanted the 810 up here in Canada but it's a USA only phone. I didn't know anyone in the US who I could trust to unlock it for me... and then I found this site:

Nokia Lumia 810 AWS Unlocked Penta Band Windows 8 Unlocked Available (Full Specifications)

So I bought one and it was exactly as described, a brand new Lumia 810 that was already unlocked. They also include a sheet of paper inside the box with a QR code to install the Nokia access point app to set it up on your network. I installed that and it worked like a charm immediately on my home network (WIND mobile Canada). Highly recommend this company, I don't know how I never heard of them before.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
priya8923