So i finally broke a phone screen for the first time ever

wellsmanfu

Apr 14, 2008
Visit site
I can't believe I broke my phone's screen. I can't even figure out how I did it, just noticed a crack in the touch panel when I was using it yesterday. I've never broken a phone before and will have to do my first phone insurance claim ever.

Has anyone had to do one for their 810 yet? If so, did you get a new or refurb device? Have any quality issues? I'm just wondering because I'm debating going through insurance or trying to get a 920 cheap on craigslist and trying to unlock it.

Guzzler3

May 4, 2012
Visit site
Wow that sucks. I got really lucky the other day, as I was taking my 810 out of my pocket, it snagged a bit and when it let loose my fingers slipped and sent the phone sailing across the room. It hit the floor (concrete) hard and bounced many, many times and hit several pieces of furniture (like a ball in a pinball machine). As it was bouncing around my heart sank to an empty pit feeling, as I didn't get any insurance with the phone (paid full, no contract price from the MS store). I fully expected the phone to eventually blow up into millions of pieces. There isn't a scratch, dent, nor crack on it when I picked it up. :grin:

jgbstetson

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I've dropped mine while on the elliptical twice, with only a small ding in the bezel to show for it. It is a very sturdy phone. Sorry for your misfortune. At least you got the insurance 😊

sravanv

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
Yeah this phone is insane. I dropped it on its back from my hand (about 5 foot drop) onto my hardwood floor and not a scratch. Did the same thing except on its front! It made a sickening smack as it hit the floor and I thought it was done for. Picked it up...NOTHING!

I do have a weird dent on the bezel as well but it's barely noticeable. Glad to be back with Nokia...

calfee20

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
The 820 series is just too new for parts to be available. I went to that link I posted and they listed screens for the 820 and 822 but they were out of stock.

I had saved that link because I was toying with the idea of finding a broken 900. In 2 months the price for a 900 screen went from 130 to 86 $ You are kind of stuck when you have a brand new phone.

calfee20

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
I just got through watching the video. I should be doable..............good luck. If you want to see more of these vids search youtube with le55ons

falsehopess

Oct 23, 2011
Visit site
well managed to change out the digitizer without instructions...not the best way of doing things but got the job done. Couldnt figure out how to remove the lcd so left it in place and used a little heat and an isesamo tool to pry off the old glass. was a bit of a pain to get off all the adhesive and shards of glass but in the end things went well and everything is working. If anyone needs to do this make sure your replacement digitizer comes with the adhesives I dont see how you could reuse the old one.

celticc

Jan 14, 2013
Visit site
I have been working on changing out a digitizer on an 810. Finally have it down to LCD and digitizer. Just have to figure out how to remove the digitizer without breaking the LCD. It took a while because I stared at the motherboard for two days before finding the one clip holding it on. Wish me luck. I have heard the glue is really tough to deal with.017.JPG

Joesaurus

Apr 6, 2013
Visit site
Mine also broken I was able to get the digitizer on but now my touch screen wont respond. The screen turns on but I am unable to use the touch screen. I factory reset my phone and that didn't fix it.

Josh Young

Nov 23, 2012
Visit site
I replaced mine now it bricks at the nokia screen and just sits there. Whenever I put the battery in the search and hoe keys light up and auto turn the phone on. Ugh should have just continued to risk my fingers getting cut on the glass.

MrTofu

Oct 27, 2012
Visit site
Dropped mine abt a month ago. Forgot it was in my jacket pocket (small, shallow pocket), bent down to get something, fell at height of around 2 ft. Must have hit it just right. I picked it up, nothing! Then before my very eyes, like lighting, a crack from the top left corner down to the center of the bottom. Sucks! Going to just have the authorized Nokia replacement center do it. A bit pricey but they use Nokia parts and could do it way better than I could.

rmw82

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
How much?
Dropped mine abt a month ago. Forgot it was in my jacket pocket (small, shallow pocket), bent down to get something, fell at height of around 2 ft. Must have hit it just right. I picked it up, nothing! Then before my very eyes, like lighting, a crack from the top left corner down to the center of the bottom. Sucks! Going to just have the authorized Nokia replacement center do it. A bit pricey but they use Nokia parts and could do it way better than I could.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)