Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Global Posts
    81 Global Posts
    I can't believe I broke my phone's screen. I can't even figure out how I did it, just noticed a crack in the touch panel when I was using it yesterday. I've never broken a phone before and will have to do my first phone insurance claim ever.

Has anyone had to do one for their 810 yet? If so, did you get a new or refurb device? Have any quality issues? I'm just wondering because I'm debating going through insurance or trying to get a 920 cheap on craigslist and trying to unlock it.
    Developer

Wow that sucks. I got really lucky the other day, as I was taking my 810 out of my pocket, it snagged a bit and when it let loose my fingers slipped and sent the phone sailing across the room. It hit the floor (concrete) hard and bounced many, many times and hit several pieces of furniture (like a ball in a pinball machine). As it was bouncing around my heart sank to an empty pit feeling, as I didn't get any insurance with the phone (paid full, no contract price from the MS store). I fully expected the phone to eventually blow up into millions of pieces. There isn't a scratch, dent, nor crack on it when I picked it up.
    Guz

iPhone 3G (broken)
    Blackberry 6320 (retired)
    Lumia 810 (current)

Global Posts
    272 Global Posts
    I had my Lumia 710 replaced by insurance plan through T-mobile before. The replacement phone worked fine.
    Nokia Lumia 1020 on T-Mobile

I've dropped mine while on the elliptical twice, with only a small ding in the bezel to show for it. It is a very sturdy phone. Sorry for your misfortune. At least you got the insurance 😊

Global Posts
    113 Global Posts
    Yeah this phone is insane. I dropped it on its back from my hand (about 5 foot drop) onto my hardwood floor and not a scratch. Did the same thing except on its front! It made a sickening smack as it hit the floor and I thought it was done for. Picked it up...NOTHING!

I do have a weird dent on the bezel as well but it's barely noticeable. Glad to be back with Nokia...
    I just cracked the top layer on my screen tonight. I don't have insurance and have been searching for the replacement glass to no luck so far

Global Posts
    438 Global Posts
    I found this but it is not the complete screen and maybe VERY difficult to replace.

Nokia Lumia 810 replacement parts

this video shows why a complete assembly is needed

Thanked by:
    Thanks for that video. Do you know where I could get the full assembly for a good price? Also if I buy one for the 800 will it work on my 810?

Global Posts
    438 Global Posts
    The 820 series is just too new for parts to be available. I went to that link I posted and they listed screens for the 820 and 822 but they were out of stock.

I had saved that link because I was toying with the idea of finding a broken 900. In 2 months the price for a 900 screen went from 130 to 86 $ You are kind of stuck when you have a brand new phone.

So I can find the digitizer cheap for 36 dollars. But havent found a how to video for the 810 anyone know where to get instructions?

Global Posts
    438 Global Posts
    Me again. This seems to be recent. It is for an 820 but my guess is it will be the same as the 810.

Nokia Lumia 820 Disassembly & Assembly - Digitizer Touch Screen & Display Replacement | .:: IngetAku ::.

Global Posts
    438 Global Posts
    I just got through watching the video. I should be doable..............good luck. If you want to see more of these vids search youtube with le55ons

not the same internals motherboard is totally different anyone come by instructions for the 810?

well managed to change out the digitizer without instructions...not the best way of doing things but got the job done. Couldnt figure out how to remove the lcd so left it in place and used a little heat and an isesamo tool to pry off the old glass. was a bit of a pain to get off all the adhesive and shards of glass but in the end things went well and everything is working. If anyone needs to do this make sure your replacement digitizer comes with the adhesives I dont see how you could reuse the old one.

I have been working on changing out a digitizer on an 810. Finally have it down to LCD and digitizer. Just have to figure out how to remove the digitizer without breaking the LCD. It took a while because I stared at the motherboard for two days before finding the one clip holding it on. Wish me luck. I have heard the glue is really tough to deal with.017.jpg

Mine also broken I was able to get the digitizer on but now my touch screen wont respond. The screen turns on but I am unable to use the touch screen. I factory reset my phone and that didn't fix it.

I replaced mine now it bricks at the nokia screen and just sits there. Whenever I put the battery in the search and hoe keys light up and auto turn the phone on. Ugh should have just continued to risk my fingers getting cut on the glass.

Global Posts
    235 Global Posts
    Dropped mine abt a month ago. Forgot it was in my jacket pocket (small, shallow pocket), bent down to get something, fell at height of around 2 ft. Must have hit it just right. I picked it up, nothing! Then before my very eyes, like lighting, a crack from the top left corner down to the center of the bottom. Sucks! Going to just have the authorized Nokia replacement center do it. A bit pricey but they use Nokia parts and could do it way better than I could.

How much?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Tofu View Post
    Dropped mine abt a month ago. Forgot it was in my jacket pocket (small, shallow pocket), bent down to get something, fell at height of around 2 ft. Must have hit it just right. I picked it up, nothing! Then before my very eyes, like lighting, a crack from the top left corner down to the center of the bottom. Sucks! Going to just have the authorized Nokia replacement center do it. A bit pricey but they use Nokia parts and could do it way better than I could.

Global Posts
    235 Global Posts
    With shipping I think it was around $120ish

My dad and I just fixed my phone using the 820 tutorial and the advice from the above poster using a hair dryer and a razor to pry the digitizer off from the front. The whole process was $35 and relatively easy. Thank you for the help!

dropped my phone face down and my screen took a hit... i wonder if you guys have a case protector when you dropped your phones coz i surely didn't have one on (stupid me). Despite of the crack screen - i knew someday somehow this **** would happen... so i opted to buy an unlock 920 instead of risking of further damaging my 810 by replacing the screen. I suggest to leave it to professionals lol.

Global Posts
    2,282 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by b3rni3703 View Post
    dropped my phone face down and my screen took a hit... i wonder if you guys have a case protector when you dropped your phones coz i surely didn't have one on (stupid me). Despite of the crack screen - i knew someday somehow this **** would happen... so i opted to buy an unlock 920 instead of risking of further damaging my 810 by replacing the screen. I suggest to leave it to professionals lol.
    Yikes... Well, you finally got a good excuse to bite the bullet and get a 920. Which one did you get? Is it a Rogers? What color?
    http://mowned.com/sig/metalchick719.extended.jpg
    b3rni3703 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by metalchick719 View Post
    Yikes... Well, you finally got a good excuse to bite the bullet and get a 920. Which one did you get? Is it a Rogers? What color?
    yea man... partied too much!.. my drunk *** buddy accidentally knocked it off my hand as i was about to take a pic! i'm like aw you mothaaaa.. sall good.. items like these can always be replaced.. got the 920 black ATT for 275 in excellent condition off of ebay.. should receive it by Thurs.. i'm actually excited.. in the meantime, i'm on android.. scared of getting my fingers cut by them crack screen..

So, be like all the other fools and drop it in your toilet, too. That should round out the ailments.
    Over 13 years of phone with screens and I've had one self-inflicted failure. I buy screen protectors and don't talk on the phone in the loo.
    When I do my mountain biking, it's in a case and that's in a fanny pack.
    I use it as if it's valuable to me.............
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast