Bought an 810 online. Worried about music.

Pacs_R_Us

Jan 30, 2013
Visit site
I currently have an HTC HD7 and I use it as my mp3 player. I have a Zune pass (which will now be an Xbox music pass, I guess). Most of my music is from the Zune Pass with the occasional mp3 from my own collection. I just bought the Lumia 810 and Im kinda worried due to all of the music issues I keep reading about that transferring my current zune pass music to my new phone will be a nightmare or give me a lot of problems. My questions I guess is this, are the music issues with music that people have uploaded onto their phone themselves or with xbox music pass downloads? How much of a headache should I expect to have with this? Reading through all the music issues, im still not a 100% clear on what to expect.

I love the Windows OS and they certainly have a loyal customer in me... but im kinda worried for my music lol

thank you!

ryker002

Jan 15, 2013
Visit site
I as well transferred from a Zune Pass to an Xbox Pass. Not fluidly though because I switched on and off to spotify because I liked the idea of scrobbling since Zune removed Zune Social. So far from what I've experience there have been slight hick ups but nothing to horrible. There was one point when the music stopped working entirely, on my computer and on the phone but I realized that a soft reboot would fix that since the phone syncs all services back to Microsoft after the soft reboot.
Fairly, It works the same as Zune and a good plus. If you own a windows 8 computer, use the main computer and download all your music on there then it will recognize the music and you can stream and download straight to your phone from your collection the music you have on your computer. Only issue with that is that sometimes the albums are put under edited versions rather then the parental versions. As a teenager that bugs me.

KorJax

Feb 17, 2013
Visit site
Personally for me the best thing about switching to the 810 from a zuneHD is that I don't really need to use the zune software anymore - it might as well be bundled on the phone. Over wifi or a 4G network I can pretty much get all my podcasts, music, etc right on there. Though I'd still reccomend putting your physically owned music (i.e. songs you've bought, transferred onto your zune, etc) onto an SD card.

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
Syncing Zune DRM-music is a nightmare. I use the Windows Phone desktop app but it's far from perfect. The biggest problem is verifying usage rights between the phone and Zune's DRM. Other issues include problems syncing playlists and duplicate songs. DRM-free music will sync fine. I have Windows 8 and Xbox Music but I'm grandfathered into 10 free songs on my Zune Pass. I probably would have made the switch to Xbox Music if not for that.

KorJax

Feb 17, 2013
Visit site
For me, all of my "DRM" songs from zune automatically showed up on my phone once I logged into my windows account that the songs were tied to.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moocher720