Ideas on expanding storage space.

amnmoons

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I recently acquired a Lumia 810 after my HTC HD7 suffered a horrible demise and I like the device but I do have a complaint. The storage is pretty weak; I do like that you can actually use a microSD on the phone and expand some of the storage, but with some of the newer memory laiden games coming out 8GB of space just simply is not enough. Does anyone know a way to install the games and apps on a microSD itself and not on the phone? I found a forum online that said to download the install file from the online Windows Phone store and move it to the SD. I followed that rule, but it still used my phones memory to install the game instead of the SD.

Guzzler3

May 4, 2012
Visit site
That, is the downside of WP8. There just isn't a way to keep apps on the microSD card. Mainly because there are different speeds of the cards, so if you have a slow card installed, it will "ruin" the WP8 experience.

Most of us who went with the 810 aren't big "app people". We tend to just use the phone and included software, and use the SD storage for music and stuff.

waazzupppp

Sep 28, 2009
Visit site
Plus the fact that the SD cards are so temperamental... I remember one of my biggest gripes with SD cards in Android was the fact that they would unmount at the weirdest times causing me to lose ringtones and apps left and right... I just have to watch my space and not install more than one 250-500MB game at a time.

metalchick719

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
The only thing I can think of is to install an app called Shrink Storage. It will free up a little of your internal storage space. But that may not last. I used it a few weeks back and regained less than a gig when I had barely over 3GB left, but now I'm back to having exactly 3GB free. :-/

Dr_8820

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site
I'm giving T-Mobile 1 week to fix the storage issue, or I'm going back to my HD2....but I will crack the 810 open just like I did my HD7 and see if I can boost the memory from there 😈.
Sent from my Nokia L810 using Board Express

gungopeas

Jul 29, 2012
Visit site
I'm giving T-Mobile 1 week to fix the storage issue, or I'm going back to my HD2....but I will crack the 810 open just like I did my HD7 and see if I can boost the memory from there 😈.

You sound like a geek, mon.

Dr_8820

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site
I am! This phone is unusable with the storage issue, I'm willing to sacrifice the 810 if it will help the community...I got my HD7 up to 64GB!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon