Broken Home Screen/Tiles

metalchick719

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
I had a weird issue with my phone last night. I accessed my home screen to see black space showing around a couple of my medium-sized tiles and one of my small tiles was missing altogether (which I somehow didn't initially notice). The screen was also showing as though I'd scrolled a little ways down it. I thought it was a weird glitch, like I hadn't scrolled all the way back up last time I did something, but then I checked a second time and all of the above things were still apparent. It was like my home screen was broken. :straight: I did a soft reset, but the screen still looked the same. I ended up playing with the messed up tiles and re-adding the one that had vanished, and then my home screen went back to normal. I'd never seen this happen before. Anyone else ever experience this?

P.S.: Sorry, I don't have a screenshot to share to show you guys how it looked.

anon(5857792)

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
I don't think I've experienced any scrolling glitch, but I've had small tiles disappeared before about 3 or 4 times. I just re-pin them to the home screen again. Hasn't happened since the portico update though.

Dr_8820

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site
I had a weird issue with my phone last night. I accessed my home screen to see black space showing around a couple of my medium-sized tiles and one of my small tiles was missing altogether (which I somehow didn't initially notice). The screen was also showing as though I'd scrolled a little ways down it. I thought it was a weird glitch, like I hadn't scrolled all the way back up last time I did something, but then I checked a second time and all of the above things were still apparent. It was like my home screen was broken. :straight: I did a soft reset, but the screen still looked the same. I ended up playing with the messed up tiles and re-adding the one that had vanished, and then my home screen went back to normal. I'd never seen this happen before. Anyone else ever experience this?

P.S.: Sorry, I don't have a screenshot to share to show you guys how it looked.
I'm having the same problem, my small tiles keep disappearing and none of my weather tiles are updating...

ssapre

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
In case, if an application gets uninstalled and then installed again, it will unpin the tile on home screen. Any updates to an application should not do this, but if you installed an update which goes this way, it will simple unpin your tile on home screen.

metalchick719

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
Hmm... Well, the tile in question that disappeared from my home screen was Angry Birds Roost. When I got it back, I noticed two things - one, it can no longer be made into a large tile and two, it now has the "Angry Birds Roost" logo showing when it's a small tile, which wasn't the case before. No biggie with that, and I really only have that tile pinned because I love Angry Birds and think the bird is cute. :angel: Has no one else had the other problem I had, with black open space appearing above two medium sized tiles? I found that quite bizarre... Thanks for the replies, by the way.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EyeTea