(Some) SD cards causing spontaneous rebooting

Paul Verizzo

Jul 20, 2013
Visit site
The very long story made very short: I have four micro SD cards. All have worked fine in other devices. The two 8 GB ones cause my 810 to spontaneously reboot after being on about 90 seconds. Over and over. The 2 GB and the 4 GB, no such problem. I have tried formatting in both my computer and in the phone, no difference.

The long and the ugly: So I got my pristine used 810 two weeks ago. I didn't have a micro SIM, and my SIM punch took forever to get here. In the meantime I used my 8 GB SD labeled "NOKIAmem" fresh from my C7, and familiarized myself with the phone, etc. No problems, never a reboot. At last the punch came, I inserted the now micro-SIM into the phone...........................and it started spontaneously rebooting. I took the SIM out, still rebooting. Since the only thing that had changed was the SIM, I did what I shoulda done and drove to the TM store where they set me up with a new micro SIM. Still rebooting.

Fortunately for me, the seller on eBay had a couple more phones and had no problem exchanging it. I spent several hours with that older phone trying every conceivable combination of SIM, SD cards, formatting, data on, data off, charging or not, etc. Nothing consistent.

Since Nokia hasn't seen fit to allow placing apps and maps on the SD card, I guess I'm OK with 4 GB. But, still..................

Anyone else?

kivancio

Jan 18, 2012
Visit site
I guess its all about the class of SD card. Lower class cards do not support high reading/writing speeds; maybe because of that phone lags and restarts.

Robert Novak1

Jun 29, 2013
Visit site
Go to Sandisk's website and check their compatability tool. those are the cards that have been tested to work with the Nokia Lumia 810. OTher cards are not guaranteed

Paul Verizzo

Jul 20, 2013
Visit site
Go to Sandisk's website and check their compatability tool. those are the cards that have been tested to work with the Nokia Lumia 810. OTher cards are not guaranteed

The first card that started the rebooting was a Sandisk! All the others are generic. It's also pretty new. But thanks for trying.

Robert Novak1

Jun 29, 2013
Visit site
The first card that started the rebooting was a Sandisk! All the others are generic. It's also pretty new. But thanks for trying.

uh, if you go to sandisk's site, it list specific cards right down to part numbers. Those are the ones they state will work. If it isn't specifically listed, it may not work... Sandisk has MULTIPLE 64GB cards but only ONE is listed to work with the Nokia Lumia 810..... I have the specific 64GB card listed and it has worked flawlessly for the last 6 months

frankgroot

Aug 4, 2013
Visit site
I have this as well, with 32 GB PNY cards, but I doubt, it's a card issue.

In my Samsung Ativ S it looks like the standard photo app from MS keeps updating itself from the sd card all the time and when it's done, it reboots.

When there are no photo's present, it doesn't reboot.

I hope MS fixes this VERY soon!!

Angry_Mushroom

Jan 18, 2013
Visit site
I've got no issues with my Class 4 SD card. 8 gig in this case. I've forgotten the brand. It might have been PNY or Kingston.

Anyway... it doesn't matter when MS fixes it since we are at the mercy of TMO for updates. They haven't been forthcoming to say in the least.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb