Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!

View Poll Results: Was your 810 ever able to read a 64Gb microSD card?

Voters
18. You may not vote on this poll
  • I've tried one/some 64Gb card(s). Yes! One card eventually worked!

17 94.44%
  • I've tried one/some 64Gb card(s). No! No card ever worked!

1 5.56%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

The objective of this poll is to assess the percentage of devices (in the forum) that have been completely unable to read any 64Gb microSD card. Just two options. Very simple! Only vote if you ever tried a 64Gb SD card!!!

If you were able to eventually make it work, share your saga.
    Last edited by WPhoney; 07-29-2013 at 07:15 PM.

Global Posts
    32,934 Global Posts
    PIN
    Email
    What are the specs of the card(s) that you are using?

Quote Originally Posted by Laura Knotek View Post
    What are the specs of the card(s) that you are using?
    I'm still trying to decide between the:

• 521: cheap and guaranteed to read 64Gb cards.
    • 810: better CPU, more RAM, 2 cams, flash, but picky about 64Gb cards.

I'm trying to figure out the likelihood of buying an used 810 that won't be able to read 64Gb microSDs....

haven't tried.. but i do have a 16gb class 4 on board. To me it's more than adequate = )

first, I went to Sandisk's website and found the card that was compatable. SanDisk | Product Compatibility Tool and found that this and only this card was listed SDSDQUA-064G-A11A

second, I orderd it from Amazon and guess what? It worked. you can ONLY USE THIS CARD to be assured compatability, no other cards are listed as being compatable

Amazon.com : SanDisk Corporation*64GB SDSDQUA-016G-A11A MICROSD (SDSDQUA-064G-A11A) - : Computers & Accessories

it has to say exactly this

SDSDQUA-064G-A11A
    Developer

Sorry Robert, I already tried that card (microsSD cards, which ones work, or not) it wasn't the best performing card :(

I even talked to SanDisk about it, they couldn't explain why it wasn't working as advertised.
    Guz

iPhone 3G (broken)
    Blackberry 6320 (retired)
    Lumia 810 (current)

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Novak1 View Post
    first, I went to Sandisk's website and found the card that was compatable. SanDisk | Product Compatibility Tool and found that this and only this card was listed SDSDQUA-064G-A11A
    Using Sandisk's compatibility tool is an excellent tip! Thanks!

The problem is finding reliable information at online stores regarding the exact SD card model that is wanted. Even though the product is named SDSDQUA-064G-A11A on Amazon, its description says something else: SDSDQUA-016G-A11A. This discrepancy means that they might ship something with a different SKU, such as the massively popular SDSDQU-064G-AFFP-A, which has 5,700+ reviews.

I'll definitely try to find that A11A model somewhere. Thanks for the heads up!

second, I orderd it from Amazon and guess what? It worked. you can ONLY USE THIS CARD to be assured compatability, no other cards are listed as being compatable

Amazon.com : SanDisk Corporation*64GB SDSDQUA-016G-A11A MICROSD (SDSDQUA-064G-A11A) - : Computers & Accessories

it has to say exactly this

SDSDQUA-064G-A11A
    This is the exact same one I bought too. Popped in and it worked immediately. Have had zero problems with it.

damnit.. need to get this card asap.. pix on my phone are starting to eat up the free spaceeeeeeeeee
    A 32GB card should more than suffice. That's what I was using in my 810. It had over 21GB of space free, too.
    http://mowned.com/sig/metalchick719.extended.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by metalchick719 View Post
    A 32GB card should more than suffice. That's what I was using in my 810. It had over 21GB of space free, too.
    agree.. it'll take some time for me to fill 64gb.. hell, i got 16gb and i've only filled maybe close to a gig lol..

Quote Originally Posted by b3rni3703 View Post
    agree.. it'll take some time for me to fill 64gb.. hell, i got 16gb and i've only filled maybe close to a gig lol..
    That's what I said originially too, but after loading @500 full cds at 320 Kbps, my 64gb card is filling up pretty fast. YMMV.

I can't survive with 32Gb. My MP3 player (Creative Zen NX) is 10 years old and has 20Gb of storage. Because of that, I haven't be able able to carry my whole MP3 collection for half a decade. That's been frustrating. Now that I'm retiring the old warrior, I don't want to buy a phone that can only store 2/3 of my collection. With a 64Gb microSD, I'll have, for the first time in years, enough storage for my complete MP3 library! Plus some spare space for books, videos and comics! I feel like I'm about to step out of a cave!
    Banned

Use two 32 Gb cards, Collection1, Collection 2, you can't listen to all 64GB of music in a month, switch out the cards once in awhile if a 64GB doesn't work
    metalchick719 likes this.

Global Posts
    478 Global Posts
    I think the only risk of 32GB not being enough for most people is when they go on Vacation and shoot HD quality video and lots of photos... It seems like a ton, but when you are shooting about 75MB per min, that works out to be 4.5GB per hour... So, for that Disney Vacation that lasts a week, you get about an hour of video a day plus some photos before that 32GB is packed. Then you have to factor in that you probably have some music, movies and other media on there as well.

32GB is a ton of space, but it fills up quicker than you think with the quality of the recordings on the 810... The guaranteed 64GB capacity of the 521 makes it a bit better deal - if you don't mind losing a touch of resolution on the camera and the flash. The processor doesn't lag at all, the lower memory can create some strain when running heavy games, but isn't a deal breaker. I think I'd be inclined to grab a new 521 over the 810.
    Banned

Geez not having an extra 1 or 2 SD cards when on Holiday (especially on holiday) or just out shooting
    when your purpose that day is to make photographs would be like not having extra rolls of film in the days of film cameras = dumb.

Carrying 2 SD cards is certainly an alternative. Using some cloud service is another. And listening to a different set of songs each week is yet another. However, I'm already making some compromises as it is (lack of HDMI and VLC), therefore I'm not willing to forsake local storage as well.

I'll probably be ordering an 810 this month. Hopefully, by the time I get it, T-Mobile will have deployed the Amber+GDR2 update! That would be sweet. If I get unlucky with the 64Gb microSD, I'll sell the 810 and buy a 521, which is less picky about microSDs. Then I'll wait till someday (somehow), Nokia makes a 930, 940....990 with a microSD slot or 64Gb of internal storage!

The 1020 is available with 64Gb in Europe!

Global Posts
    3,206 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by WPhoney View Post
    The objective of this poll is to assess the percentage of devices (in the forum) that have been completely unable to read any 64Gb microSD card. Just two options. Very simple! Only vote if you ever tried a 64Gb SD card!!!

If you were able to eventually make it work, share your saga.
    I can't be the only one who has noticed this can I?
    Dr_8820 likes this.
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by WPhoney View Post
    I'll probably be ordering an 810 this month. Hopefully,
    from whom?

Quote Originally Posted by PB_H View Post
    from whom?
    I don't know yet. I don't need a phone right now, so I'm not in a rush to pick a device or a seller yet. Besides, after reading the HTC 8XT review, I'm not sure if I should take so many chances with the 810. Not only there's a risk it won't read a 64Gb SD, it might not get the GDR2 update from T-Mobile either.... According to the review, the HTC 8XT has the 2 issues covered!

The poll options should be
    1. I tried 1 SD card and it worked
    2. I tried more than 1 SD card and the last one I tried worked
    3. I have tried 1 or more SD cards and none have worked.

Quote Originally Posted by PB_H View Post
    from whom?
    Amazon perhaps? They are still selling them

The poll options should be

4. I tried more than 1 SD card, found 1 that works but functionality is limited

Global Posts
    109 Global Posts
    Ive used 2 different 64gb microsd cards and they both worked. I didn't know this was an issue

Quote Originally Posted by carguy303 View Post
    Ive used 2 different 64gb microsd cards and they both worked. I didn't know this was an issue
    It's pretty random. Some people the SD cards are a disaster, some it's fine, some land somewhere in the middle.

I carry an iPod around because the music on my phone is a disaster and I've tried all supposed solutions.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast