Issues with GDR2/Amber?

MrTofu

Oct 27, 2012
Visit site
Anyone having issues with the latest update? I have found that my battery is draining super fast. Last night I updated it and found that to be the case but thought I'd try to track it the next day. So today I unplugged my phone at 8am. Only changes I made to the setting was to turn on glance (peek) and double tap to wake up screen. After less than an hour and it being at 90%, I turned off both of these features. So this puts me at my normal daily use settings. 5 hours later, my battery saver icon is showing. Anyone else having these or other issues?

waazzupppp

Sep 28, 2009
Visit site
The biggest thing I found with battery drain and the update was the NFC was enabled again on mine. I turned that off and now my 810 goes all day long most of the time. The other battery drainers that I have heard about are the double tap to wake feature and the peek setting in glimpse. Disabling those makes my 810 run as normal.

JsLee14

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Is anyone having any picture problems with the OTA update? I flashed the update to my phone and that was one of the problems

Adventurer4Hire

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
So far no major problems. One annoyance is the "Nokia Collection" heading is gone from the store. Not a big deal because I can just type "Nokia Corporation" into the search field and see all the Nokia apps. Everything else seems to work good if not better. The camera is faster now and the 1st picture Lag is gone even though I am still saving to the SD card. I am a little peeved that the 521 has FM radio but not the 810. I am happy that we can now block text and phone calls. No more telemarketers!

metalchick719

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
I played around with my 810 for maybe an hour or so yesterday after updating it. Had to charge it because the battery went from 91% all the way down to 67% while the update was downloading and installing. I didn't notice any unusual battery drainage afterward, though. But then, I didn't really use it much and I haven't been using it as a phone at all since I got my 920 back in May.

Robert Novak1

Jun 29, 2013
Visit site
So far no major problems. One annoyance is the "Nokia Collection" heading is gone from the store. Not a big deal because I can just type "Nokia Corporation" into the search field and see all the Nokia apps. Everything else seems to work good if not better. The camera is faster now and the 1st picture Lag is gone even though I am still saving to the SD card. I am a little peeved that the 521 has FM radio but not the 810. I am happy that we can now block text and phone calls. No more telemarketers!

that's odd, I still see it here on my updated 810

ssapre

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Anyone having issues with the latest update? I have found that my battery is draining super fast. Last night I updated it and found that to be the case but thought I'd try to track it the next day. So today I unplugged my phone at 8am. Only changes I made to the setting was to turn on glance (peek) and double tap to wake up screen. After less than an hour and it being at 90%, I turned off both of these features. So this puts me at my normal daily use settings. 5 hours later, my battery saver icon is showing. Anyone else having these or other issues?
For my 820, Double tap to wake up was proven looser. Once I disabled it, am back to my normal routine.

roache

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
nl 928: i lost soft reset, power and volume down, now just power and swipe down and power again to start. have a nice set of westone headphones (iphone controls and mic) center button did work pause music and answer phone calls no longer does anything. only things i have found so far. still very happy with nokia and wp8 except for making my headphone mic useless.

Moises Corilloclla

Aug 15, 2013
Visit site
After the update i noticed some crazy stuff going with the battery. When plugged to the main, the battery suddenly goes from full to 69 or 72% after less than a minute of use. When i lock it, the battery software says it will take like 30 mins to recharge back to 100%, but in reality, it takes less. When listening to music, the lifetime goes to less than 11 hours, and even less if you listen for a longer period of time. I disabled glance and some background tasks but to no avail. This is crazy because there is really no explanation to this bizarre behavior.

Last edited:

Ramesh Dimba

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
On my nokia lumia 928, Compass stopped working and battery is draining fast, I only have the glance feature enabled. Now doing hard reset to see if that fixes the compass issue.
Also noticed issues with phone using cellular network instead of connected wifi (while downloading an update in market, it said using cellular network)

kjungxox

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site
anyone having problems with their volume/sounds after the update? my LINE and GroupMe apps seem to not get notification sounds anymore with volume set at 27. also the normal text tone volume seem a little low. i hope im not doing anything wrong but its pretty frustrating lol

Pavanne 4A

Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
After I got the latest update, the Notifications sound changed and now all the audio sounds like I have broken speakers. All streaming audio/video also. Can only listen with headphones, but I really need Alarms and Notifications and Ringtones that don't sound horrible.

imjaspreet

Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
After amber update, battery drain is the problem, pictures are grainy and yellowish in my 920. Also if you people have noticed no app update is notified from store now. But if you view the app in store and then there is update available. has anyone else faced this issue?
I have unlocked lumia 920.

PB_H

Banned
Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
do you have a locked phone with some operator or unlocked?

Who are you asking ? if me, I'm on T Mobile and have been for 7 years and yes my T Mobile branded Lumia 810 is recently unlocked
and I still get app update notices on the systems "Store" live tile.

imjaspreet

Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
Who are you asking ? if me, I'm on T Mobile and have been for 7 years and yes my T Mobile branded Lumia 810 is recently unlocked
and I still get app update notices on the systems "Store" live tile.

yes i was asking you only PB_H...and thanks for the replies..
I am not getting notifications on store live tile.. :(

PB_H

Banned
Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
yes i was asking you only PB_H...and thanks for the replies..
I am not getting notifications on store live tile.. :(

Make sure in settings under phone update you have the box checked [ ✔ ] Tell me when updates are available for my phone.
because even app updates are phone updates....

waazzupppp

Sep 28, 2009
Visit site
You know, I found a bit of a battery drainer last night... In regards to "Double Tap" being a drain... If you have both double tap and high sensitivity active, you can actually turn your phone screen on in your pocket when your leg touches it twice. This can lead to the screen staying on and the lock screen staying active by just rubbing against your leg. Total battery killer right there.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb