Windows goes galactic

Revealed: Samsung's Surface Pro-like Galaxy Book, running Windows 10

Saving money on data

Mint SIM is the perfect way to get cheap data in the U.S.

We made some changes

Our new forums are here!

Don't count Windows Phone out just yet

Dead? Psh. Here are 5 reasons to stick with Windows 10 Mobile

VPN vs. Proxy

The difference between a proxy and a VPN

Latitude attitude

Dell Latitude 7280 is a business laptop with tons of consumer attitude

4K all the way

You probably don't NEED a 4K webcam, but we love Logitech's BRIO 4K anyway

Long live Windows phone

Contrary to popular belief, Windows phone won't die anytime soon

XP-YESSSSSSS

Dell's already awesome XPS 15 gets even better in 2017

Surface Pwn 5

Surface Pro 5, Project NEON details leaked on LinkedIn?

Redefining the PC

Why Microsoft's Surface phone could be MUCH more than a mere 'phone'

Surface table meets Windows 10

Yes, we did put Windows 10 on the original Surface table ... and it rocks

Cream o' the crop

Before buying a Microsoft laptop, check out our pick for the absolute best

Simple and secure, just the way I like it

We think Windows 10 Cloud is a great idea, here's why

uber micro

Halo Wars 2 has something for everyone. Here's our full review.

Oldie but goldie

We reviewed Microsoft's decade-old Surface table

Creators Update comin' at ya

These are the coolest new features in the next big Xbox One update (video)

Buyer's guide

The Razer Blade 14 is the best laptop Razer has to offer

Windows 10 app gems

10 terrific Windows 10 apps you should be using

Tower of power

Here's what we think of Dell's XPS Tower Special Edition

< >
Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 26
  1. Mr. Tofu's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    233 Posts
    Global Posts
    249 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
       #1  
    Anyone having issues with the latest update? I have found that my battery is draining super fast. Last night I updated it and found that to be the case but thought I'd try to track it the next day. So today I unplugged my phone at 8am. Only changes I made to the setting was to turn on glance (peek) and double tap to wake up screen. After less than an hour and it being at 90%, I turned off both of these features. So this puts me at my normal daily use settings. 5 hours later, my battery saver icon is showing. Anyone else having these or other issues?
  2. waazzupppp's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    512 Posts
    Global Posts
    619 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #2  
    The biggest thing I found with battery drain and the update was the NFC was enabled again on mine. I turned that off and now my 810 goes all day long most of the time. The other battery drainers that I have heard about are the double tap to wake feature and the peek setting in glimpse. Disabling those makes my 810 run as normal.
  3. JsLee14's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    8 Posts
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #3  
    Is anyone having any picture problems with the OTA update? I flashed the update to my phone and that was one of the problems
  4. Adventurer4Hire's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    2 Posts
    Global Posts
    3 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #4  
    So far no major problems. One annoyance is the "Nokia Collection" heading is gone from the store. Not a big deal because I can just type "Nokia Corporation" into the search field and see all the Nokia apps. Everything else seems to work good if not better. The camera is faster now and the 1st picture Lag is gone even though I am still saving to the SD card. I am a little peeved that the 521 has FM radio but not the 810. I am happy that we can now block text and phone calls. No more telemarketers!
  5. joshisdrowning's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    1 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #5  
    My battery has been draining super fast and I have both the double tap, nfc, and the glance screen off.
  6. metalchick719's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    2,354 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,672 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #6  
    I played around with my 810 for maybe an hour or so yesterday after updating it. Had to charge it because the battery went from 91% all the way down to 67% while the update was downloading and installing. I didn't notice any unusual battery drainage afterward, though. But then, I didn't really use it much and I haven't been using it as a phone at all since I got my 920 back in May.
  7. Robert Novak1's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    159 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by Adventurer4Hire View Post
    So far no major problems. One annoyance is the "Nokia Collection" heading is gone from the store. Not a big deal because I can just type "Nokia Corporation" into the search field and see all the Nokia apps. Everything else seems to work good if not better. The camera is faster now and the 1st picture Lag is gone even though I am still saving to the SD card. I am a little peeved that the 521 has FM radio but not the 810. I am happy that we can now block text and phone calls. No more telemarketers!
    that's odd, I still see it here on my updated 810
  8. ssapre's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    761 Posts
    Global Posts
    774 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Tofu View Post
    Anyone having issues with the latest update? I have found that my battery is draining super fast. Last night I updated it and found that to be the case but thought I'd try to track it the next day. So today I unplugged my phone at 8am. Only changes I made to the setting was to turn on glance (peek) and double tap to wake up screen. After less than an hour and it being at 90%, I turned off both of these features. So this puts me at my normal daily use settings. 5 hours later, my battery saver icon is showing. Anyone else having these or other issues?
    For my 820, Double tap to wake up was proven looser. Once I disabled it, am back to my normal routine.
  9. roache's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    5 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #9  
    nl 928: i lost soft reset, power and volume down, now just power and swipe down and power again to start. have a nice set of westone headphones (iphone controls and mic) center button did work pause music and answer phone calls no longer does anything. only things i have found so far. still very happy with nokia and wp8 except for making my headphone mic useless.
  10. Moises Corilloclla's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    47 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #10  
    After the update i noticed some crazy stuff going with the battery. When plugged to the main, the battery suddenly goes from full to 69 or 72% after less than a minute of use. When i lock it, the battery software says it will take like 30 mins to recharge back to 100%, but in reality, it takes less. When listening to music, the lifetime goes to less than 11 hours, and even less if you listen for a longer period of time. I disabled glance and some background tasks but to no avail. This is crazy because there is really no explanation to this bizarre behavior.
    Last edited by Moises Corilloclla; 08-19-2013 at 02:32 PM.
  11. Ramesh Dimba's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    12 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #11  
    On my nokia lumia 928, Compass stopped working and battery is draining fast, I only have the glance feature enabled. Now doing hard reset to see if that fixes the compass issue.
    Also noticed issues with phone using cellular network instead of connected wifi (while downloading an update in market, it said using cellular network)
  12. kjungxox's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    1 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #12  
    anyone having problems with their volume/sounds after the update? my LINE and GroupMe apps seem to not get notification sounds anymore with volume set at 27. also the normal text tone volume seem a little low. i hope im not doing anything wrong but its pretty frustrating lol
  13. Pavanne 4A's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    1 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #13  
    After I got the latest update, the Notifications sound changed and now all the audio sounds like I have broken speakers. All streaming audio/video also. Can only listen with headphones, but I really need Alarms and Notifications and Ringtones that don't sound horrible.
  14. imjaspreet's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    4 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #14  
    After amber update, battery drain is the problem, pictures are grainy and yellowish in my 920. Also if you people have noticed no app update is notified from store now. But if you view the app in store and then there is update available. has anyone else faced this issue?
    I have unlocked lumia 920.
  15. PB_H's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    981 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #15  
    I get app updates from the store all the time, so much it's a pita.
  16. imjaspreet's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    4 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #16  
    do you have a locked phone with some operator or unlocked?
  17. PB_H's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    981 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by imjaspreet View Post
    do you have a locked phone with some operator or unlocked?
    Who are you asking ? if me, I'm on T Mobile and have been for 7 years and yes my T Mobile branded Lumia 810 is recently unlocked
    and I still get app update notices on the systems "Store" live tile.
  18. imjaspreet's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    4 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by PB_H View Post
    Who are you asking ? if me, I'm on T Mobile and have been for 7 years and yes my T Mobile branded Lumia 810 is recently unlocked
    and I still get app update notices on the systems "Store" live tile.
    yes i was asking you only PB_H...and thanks for the replies..
    I am not getting notifications on store live tile.. :(
  19. PB_H's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    981 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by imjaspreet View Post
    yes i was asking you only PB_H...and thanks for the replies..
    I am not getting notifications on store live tile.. :(
    Make sure in settings under phone update you have the box checked [ ✔ ] Tell me when updates are available for my phone.
    because even app updates are phone updates....
  20. waazzupppp's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    512 Posts
    Global Posts
    619 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #20  
    You know, I found a bit of a battery drainer last night... In regards to "Double Tap" being a drain... If you have both double tap and high sensitivity active, you can actually turn your phone screen on in your pocket when your leg touches it twice. This can lead to the screen staying on and the lock screen staying active by just rubbing against your leg. Total battery killer right there.
  21. imjaspreet's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    4 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #21  
    Quote Originally Posted by PB_H View Post
    Make sure in settings under phone update you have the box checked [ ✔ ] Tell me when updates are available for my phone.
    because even app updates are phone updates....
    Nope. not working. I even tried to soft reset the phone. Updated some nokia updates directly from the link but no..I am not getting updates on store live tile.
  22. Ramesh Dimba's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    12 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #22  
    I was using the battery app from enless which was not updating properly and thus changed the battery app to the one from "Arthur Semenov" and noticed that this one is updating properly (every half hour due to OS limitation) and noticed the battery is draining less. So, with GDR2 update the Battery app from Enless does not work properly and drains the battery!
    Check which battery app you are using.
    I am getting Store updates and initially it seemed that I was not getting any but that was resolved by doing another soft reset after the GDR2 update.
  23. PB_H's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    981 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by Ramesh Dimba View Post
    I was using the battery app from enless which was not updating properly and thus changed the battery app to the one from "Arthur Semenov" and noticed that this one is updating properly (every half hour due to OS limitation) and noticed the battery is draining less. So, with GDR2 update the Battery app from Enless does not work properly and drains the battery!
    Check which battery app you are using.
    I am getting Store updates and initially it seemed that I was not getting any but that was resolved by doing another soft reset after the GDR2 update.
    I have his battery app and the most current updated version ( 9/6/2013) and I let it set for 2 hours and at the start it was 51% and at the end of 2 hrs it was still 51%
    -they don't update every 30 minutes, unless of course, I was time traveling with my phone and only 29 minutes had passed.
  24. Ramesh Dimba's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    12 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #24  
    Well, it was probably me thinking only half hour had passed :-)
  25. Hero Calibo's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    71 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #25  
    my battery is even better with amber. lasts for 2 days with regular use if everything. nokia lumia 920 here.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Opinions on GDR2/Amber Update
    By Moises Corilloclla in forum Nokia Lumia 810
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 08-20-2013, 03:01 PM
  2. Lumia 1020 Camera/Video Issues
    By Goobers in forum Nokia Lumia 1020
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-17-2013, 09:44 PM
  3. WTF happened with this guy!?
    By xratola in forum The "Off Topic" Lounge
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 08-16-2013, 05:02 PM
  4. Verizon 928 MMS Issue
    By PippinTook in forum Nokia Lumia 928
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-16-2013, 03:53 PM
  5. Amber Update Release Order
    By nautanki_saala in forum Nokia Lumia 820
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-16-2013, 02:57 PM

Posting Permissions

";