Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!

When I try to download large files or apps I keep getting the download only using wifi. Is there a setting where I can disable that? trying to download offline maps on my very slow verizon dsl would like to use my data plan because its way faster than my dsl. I've been looking for the setting for a while and can't seem to find it. Thanks guys! oh and this is my second day using a windows phone, been an android user for a while but I am liking windows so far!

Global Posts
    32,295 Global Posts
    PIN
    Email
    How big are these files/apps?

If you're trying to download an app larger than 50 megabytes (MB)—this applies to many games—you'll need to connect to a Wi-Fi network to complete the download.
    Download apps and games FAQ | Windows Phone How-to (United States)

This is similar to iOS. iPhones also require WiFi to download large files. Apple Increases App Download Limit to 50 MB Over Cellular Network | iMore
    Thanked by:

I see, the offline maps are around 80-100mb. Didn't know there was a data cap for downloading files.

Every time "someone" protects us from ourselves, they step on someone's toes, like the OP.

The entire USA (if you are here, or want) is about 2.5 GB. That's a hell of a data plan if you can do that. Get Lumia Storage Check from the app store and you can put it all on the SD card. Seems to me that with a decent Comcast broadband connection, it took about three hours to download.

Maybe you can use a work, coffee shop, or friend's faster service?

Global Posts
    266 Global Posts
    DSL?!

I don't think there's a setting to force data plan for downloading those maps.

Another suggestion is to goto a friend's house that has faster Internet connection. But I'm sure you would've thought of that already.
    Nokia Lumia 1020 on T-Mobile

lol yup verizon dsl! more like dslow. Can't get fios around my area because of township issues. I would get comcast broadband but had a bad experience with them a couple of years ago and pretty much stuck with dsl till my township approves verizon to dig and install fiber optic cables. I'm pretty much all set with the offline maps, used a friends super fast wifi to download