Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!

Just got my recently purchased Lumia 810 back from repair, and I was wondering what SD cards work best? I'm still debating between 16 and 32GB(leaning towards 32), but what brand of micro sd works best for the lowest price, or does it not really matter that much?

I was thinking of getting this: Micro Center 32GB Class 10 Micro Secure Digital High Capacity (Micro SDHC) Flash Media Card 294397 - Micro Center at a nearby store, but I don't know about the compatibility, any suggestions?

Global Posts
    2,395 Global Posts
    All Micro SD cards should work, so it will probably work

Thanks!
    Developer

I would personally find one that is UHS-1 specified, if it were me.

Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    I have a Sandisk UHS-l in my 820 (almost the same as your phone) and it works great. Plays movies as smooth as at the theater. I have a 64gb in it now but I had a 16gb before and they both worked great. As our phones only have 8gb of internal storage a SD card is almost a must. Might as well get the best you can get. I highly recommend the Sandisk UHS-l. fdalbor

What exactly is UHS-l?
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by mjaiteh View Post
    What exactly is UHS-l?
    Use Google to find out ;-)

No exact meaning source, but it seems like a faster way to read and write to the card. How much of a difference does it make though?
    Developer

UHS-I is the next standard for faster transfer rates, and higher capacity.

Here's an earlier post of mine SD Card Recording Issue (Video files are choppy after recording)

I haven't been able to find the exact spec's from Nokia or Microsoft, but I do believe that all WP's are to use UHS microSD specifications.
    Guz

iPhone 3G (broken)
    Blackberry 6320 (retired)
    Lumia 810 (current)

Global Posts
    498 Global Posts
    I have both of these and neither one has given me any problems on my 810...

SanDisk Ultra 64 GB MicroSDXC Class 10 UHS-1 Memory Card with Adapter : GetSmartphones.info - Smartphone accessories from Amazon and more! - SanDisk Ultra 64 GB MicroSDXC Class 10 UHS-1 Memory Card with Adapter (SDSDQU-064G-AFFP-A)

SanDisk Ultra 32 GB MicroSDHC C10/UHS1 Memory Card with Adapter : GetSmartphones.info - Smartphone accessories from Amazon and more! - SanDisk Ultra 32 GB MicroSDHC C10/UHS1 Memory Card with Adapter (SDSDQU-032G-AFFP-A)

I've done music, movies and use them for App storage as well (apps that I want to be able to install anywhere - even when I don't have Store access) and never had any issues. I did have an issue with my old Class 10 SanDisk card, but it was just dying a slow and painful death and needed to be retired.