64gb and 32gb compatible micro card with Lumia 810 do you have?

tulak

May 1, 2013
Visit site
Hi
Can you tell me please what 64gb and 32gb cards do you use with your Lumia 810.
Can you provide brand and model. How is working for you.

metalchick719

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
I haven't used my 810 since getting a Rogers 920 in May, but I have a SanDisk 32GB class 10 card in it. Had an issue with it in late December but fixed that. It has always been great.

DNO36

Apr 27, 2014
Visit site
A 64GB micro A-Data, bought from Newegg on sale at $28.
Formatted it in the phone then tested it.
h2Testw'd it and it ran perfect writing at 14 and reading at 18GB/sec.....that would make it a class 14.

A Happy camper so far.

Guzzler3

May 4, 2012
Visit site
I have a Samsung UHS-1 (C6) 32GB that has been flawless. I've had issues with Sandisk in the beginning with my L810. Went to the MS store to try to figure out why the Sandisk wouldn't work properly (slow picture saves, and stuttering video). We eventually determined that it wasn't the phone, but the Sandisk microSD card. As we tried every brand of microSD card we would find at the MS store (from the shelves, and borrowed from other MS employee's devices).

I have had "hit-n-miss" performance with Sandisk products. Sometimes they work perfectly in all devices, try another memory card and it's a miss. Now I haven't tried the newer Sandisk Extreme cards yet, as they are rated UHS-1 first, then C10.

Oh, another known brand that works just find is Kingston (which is what MS carries in their stores).

metalchick719

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
I just ordered a 64GB SanDisk Class 10 card from Amazon yesterday. I'm going to swap out the 32GB one I currently have in my 810 and give it to my mom to use in her 620. Think it'd help her since she only has around 2.5GB free in her phone.

Guzzler3

May 4, 2012
Visit site
Aaaa crap. I think my Samsung card just took a dump. I just started to not being able to play some songs that were on it and just some general weirdness when taking picture's and such.

Took it out of my phone and put it into my laptop, yep. Files corrupted (thank doG for OneDrive backing up photo's). I just got done doing a long format on the card to exFAT (really not recommended) and it took forever. Trying to copy photo's back and it's taking forever (compared to before).

I think I might have to make a run and pickup a new card :( I think I might spend the extra $$ and try the newer SanDisk Extreme cards. SDSDQX-064G 80/50 MB/s, or SDSDQXL-064G 45/45 MB/s card

metalchick719

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
Aaaa crap. I think my Samsung card just took a dump. I just started to not being able to play some songs that were on it and just some general weirdness when taking picture's and such.

Took it out of my phone and put it into my laptop, yep. Files corrupted (thank doG for OneDrive backing up photo's). I just got done doing a long format on the card to exFAT (really not recommended) and it took forever. Trying to copy photo's back and it's taking forever (compared to before).

I think I might have to make a run and pickup a new card :( I think I might spend the extra $$ and try the newer SanDisk Extreme cards. SDSDQX-064G 80/50 MB/s, or SDSDQXL-064G 45/45 MB/s card

Avoid Samsung like the plague! My best friend has had several devices made by them and has had nothing but a string of bad luck with them. The latest thing to crap out is a hard drive in one of her laptops. Definitely get a SanDisk. I've always used SD cards by them and never had any issues. The new 64GB card I got is running like a champ in my 810!

Guzzler3

May 4, 2012
Visit site
Avoid Samsung like the plague! My best friend has had several devices made by them and has had nothing but a string of bad luck with them. The latest thing to crap out is a hard drive in one of her laptops. Definitely get a SanDisk. I've always used SD cards by them and never had any issues. The new 64GB card I got is running like a champ in my 810!

I spoke to soon. The SD card is fine. My card reader on my laptop was the issue. Took the SD card to another computer, formatted it, and copied stuff around and verified it was good.

I had been swapping the SD card back and forth between my phone and laptop trying to figure out the XBM issues. Doing this with a faulty card reader on my laptop corrupted the file system on the SD card.

Christian Holmstedt

Aug 27, 2013
Visit site
The Class definition actually differs between manufacturers. A SanDisk Class 4/6/10 is rated for higher speed than the corresponding card from fro example Kingston.
Read this in an article. However, the article was from 2011.

Could be a clue to as to why some have problems with their cards.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss