Version 14176 of Windows Phone 8.1.1 on your Lumia 810

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
o_O I switched to the 830 but it's only been a week without my 810 and I didn't have any problems when I installed and running with it before I bought my 830 .

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
o_O I switched to the 830 but it's only been a week without my 810 and I didn't have any problems when I installed and running with it before I bought my 830 .

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk
I suspect the last update to Glance did it. I will revert it to WP8 today to see if that helps, otherwise I need to look for a new phone.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
So I did a hard reset on the phone and the speaker problem did not go away.
Today AM I reverted the phone back to WP8 using Nokia Care Suite, well still no speaker.
Lucky for me I have about 6 bad Lumia 822 logic boards lying around. So I ripped out a speaker from one of the crappy boards and then removed the speaker from the 810 and put the 822 speaker in and reassembled the 810. Turned the phone on and speaker now works. So I am in the process of reverting the Lumia 810 back to WP8.1. Hopefully once its upgraded the speaker keeps working....I'll post an update to this a bit later. What an eventful 24 hours:)

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
Phone is almost all set up. Installing the last few apps and then it should be back to normal. If I did not have those bad 822 boards lying around, it would have been the end of the road for my 810.....now I can keep using my favorite device so far. Almost bought the 635 / 830 today...

Mr Lebowski

Dec 11, 2013
Visit site
Phone is almost all set up. Installing the last few apps and then it should be back to normal. If I did not have those bad 822 boards lying around, it would have been the end of the road for my 810.....now I can keep using my favorite device so far. Almost bought the 635 / 830 today...

Why not the 830, there is a seller on eBay selling RM-985's ( NA version) for $375. unlocked. I might buy one.

JM_T

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site
Okay, this is weird... I just noticed now that when I press the power button to lock/standby and unlock, there is an accompanying sound coming from the speakers. It sounds like a drop of water. I've never ever had this before. Did this come with this update? I swear I didn't fiddle around with any setting.

I just checked the ringtone and sounds settings and the "play sounds for lock and unlock" is unmarked/off...

rockstarzzz

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
Okay, this is weird... I just noticed now that when I press the power button to lock/standby and unlock, there is an accompanying sound coming from the speakers. It sounds like a drop of water. I've never ever had this before. Did this come with this update? I swear I didn't fiddle around with any setting.

That's lock screen sound been there since the birth of windows phone. You don't hear it when phone is totally silent. You can tick it on or off from sound settings

JM_T

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site
That's lock screen sound been there since the birth of windows phone. You don't hear it when phone is totally silent. You can tick it on or off from sound settings
It's been off for me since the beginning (see my edit) that's why I have never heard of it before. And now it just won't turn off.

EDIT: It didn't go away after turning the power off and on. Next thing I did is the soft reset, and for some reason it went away. Weird...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05