W10 TP on our 810

myriad46

Dec 2, 2008
Visit site
Got it. Thank you. I apologize for my confusion. I'm usually an android guy an am just toying around here. For the sake of anyone else searching, I had to "Dev Unlock" my phone with the Windows Phone 8 SDK on my PC. I was then able to update the phone. Thanks for all the help, everybody.

Jozef jurcisin

Apr 17, 2013
Visit site
Got it. Thank you. I apologize for my confusion. I'm usually an android guy an am just toying around here. For the sake of anyone else searching, I had to "Dev Unlock" my phone with the Windows Phone 8 SDK on my PC. I was then able to update the phone. Thanks for all the help, everybody.

Can you check if you can open Glance screen is located under Extras. Thanks

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
Yeah, even though I just rolled back I'd say it was worth it just to see how W10 is looking. I just found it to be a little laggy.

im still using win 10 on my 810 as a secondary device since it cant be used as a daily driver because of win 10. im hoping by build it will be ironed out

smurfercom

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
My 810 is loving 8.1 I will not update to 10 until the end of the year, remember they are using the consumer to test the OS as they update the roll outs. Same goes for PC users wait till the end of the year before you upgrade then it should be way more refined. 8.1 gave my 810 new life even bought a pay as you go att card.

Guzzler3

May 4, 2012
Visit site
Well, I took a dive and loaded WP10 on my 810 yesterday. Took FOREVER, but being patient and I kept walking away from the phone and just let it do it's thing. So far, its working. Still no Denim firmware (Amber is still installed). I wore down the battery just playing around and exploring every nook and cranny of the new O/S.

Today will be the first day of just trying to use as normal (the 810 is my daily driver).

Guzzler3

May 4, 2012
Visit site
Ugh... I'm going back to WP8.1u2 :cry:

I like the new features, interface and all, but the battery life is horrible. I got 7 hours of minimal use out of WP10 today before the battery died. Previously I got an entire day of use out of my 810 without an issue.

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
Ugh... I'm going back to WP8.1u2 :cry:

I like the new features, interface and all, but the battery life is horrible. I got 7 hours of minimal use out of WP10 today before the battery died. Previously I got an entire day of use out of my 810 without an issue.

Yep same here the build is stable for daily use but battery life is bad . I hope the next build fixes the battery life

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk but I prefer my 810 and 830

Guzzler3

May 4, 2012
Visit site
It took me a while to remember that I had to install the developer preview to get WP8.1 (was I surprised how crappy the original 8.0 was compared to now). I think it took 3 or 4 updates to bring it up to being current.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs