Lumia 810 vs 640

mnnD

Nov 5, 2012
Visit site
Hi guys,

I know the 640 isn't actually available here in the States yet, but just wondering if anyone has any educated guesses.

I'm thinking about replacing my 810 with a 640. I'm curious about the cameras though. Both the cameras on the 640 seem to be a step back from the 810. With the main difference being no Carl Zeiss optics on the new 640.

Does anyone think the difference will be all that great? Also, are the internals any better or worse on the new 640. I've read the specs but I don't know a whole lot about that stuff to be quite honest.

Hope I'm posting in the right place.

Thanks for your responses!

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
Hi guys,

I know the 640 isn't actually available here in the States yet, but just wondering if anyone has any educated guesses.

I'm thinking about replacing my 810 with a 640. I'm curious about the cameras though. Both the cameras on the 640 seem to be a step back from the 810. With the main difference being no Carl Zeiss optics on the new 640.

Does anyone think the difference will be all that great? Also, are the internals any better or worse on the new 640. I've read the specs but I don't know a whole lot about that stuff to be quite honest.

Hope I'm posting in the right place.

Thanks for your responses!

You might want to post this over in the 640 forums to get a slightly better answer.

Paul Verizzo

Jul 20, 2013
Visit site
OP, Carl Zeiss optics means nothing. It's just branding. Since computers started desigining lenses fifty years ago, every company has the same knowledge and abilities. I have a Ricoh 50mm that sharper than the same Pentax. Not just mine, but the lines. Some better, some worse.

I'm waiting for the TMO 640, too. The only thing lacking in the 810 that caused me to start down a long, frustrating, disastrous road was WFC. And that TMO put WFC in that bottom dweller 525? but not the 810?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05