Question regarding swappable back plates

Scout_313

May 26, 2011
Visit site
Anyone think that the swappable back plates will make it easy for dirt to get into the interior of the phone? I'm really considering the 820 if Verizon doesn't get the 920 but if it's going to get all cruddy inside, I may have to rule it out.

Scout_313

May 26, 2011
Visit site
Sounds like you understand just fine. I guess I'm just curious as to how tightly the covers seal to the rest of the device. I've had some phones get pretty dusty inside in a short period of time due to them not sealing up the gaps very well.

Scout_313

May 26, 2011
Visit site
It's a Nokia. Build quality will be far and above anything else on the market.

Thanks for the input. I've never owned a Nokia phone and only spent a couple minutes with the Lumia 900 to see if I'd mind the size of the 920. Being on Verizon, I haven't had access to any Nokia smartphones.

independentvolume

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
It's a Nokia. Build quality will be far and above anything else on the market.

Wow this couldn't be further from the truth. Look no further than the titan vs 900. Titans build quality is way beyond the 900s. That there is fact.

That said, I don't foresee a problem. I guest one could clean it every other month or so to be safe.

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
Wow this couldn't be further from the truth. Look no further than the titan vs 900. Titans build quality is way beyond the 900s. That there is fact.

That said, I don't foresee a problem. I guest one could clean it every other month or so to be safe.

Bwahahahahahahahaha!!!!

:lol:

The Titan is NOT a good example of a well made phone.

freestaterocker

Nov 19, 2011
Visit site

The Titan can be used as a hammer, can it? And what about call quality? Well-made is not an adjective I would use to describe any HTC product I've ever seen.

ricardios

Sep 23, 2012
Visit site
I currently have the Lumia 710 which also has removable covers. Is there dirt when I remove the cover? A little bit but it's nothing a little compressed air won't fix. Would rather have removable case it than not. I also love all the available colors and textures Nokia is making available.

Scout_313

May 26, 2011
Visit site
I currently have the Lumia 710 which also has removable covers. Is there dirt when I remove the cover? A little bit but it's nothing a little compressed air won't fix. Would rather have removable case it than not. I also love all the available colors and textures Nokia is making available.
I was hoping that someone with a 710 would chime in with their opinion. Makes me feel better if I do end up going with the 820.

socialcarpet

Banned
Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
Anyone think that the swappable back plates will make it easy for dirt to get into the interior of the phone? I'm really considering the 820 if Verizon doesn't get the 920 but if it's going to get all cruddy inside, I may have to rule it out.

Not if it's built properly, no.

jamalalf

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
I have the lumia 820, and i got a white shell on it too. it is a pretty tight fit, even around the camera.
no gaps, or creeking of sorts. feels pretty solid.
the wireless charging is so convenient :p

eastbayrae

Jun 12, 2011
Visit site
The fit and finish is typical Nokia quality. This isn't an aftermarket OR afterthought type of product. It was engineered to the same exacting specs as the shell your phone came with. They are one and the same.

jamalalf

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
The fit and finish is typical Nokia quality. This isn't an aftermarket OR afterthought type of product. It was engineered to the same exacting specs as the shell your phone came with. They are one and the same.

Actually, the wireless charging shell and the shell that came with the phone are not really the same. The wireless charging shell adds a just a bit of thickness to the phone (which i like), and it also makes the camera pill-shaped area a tad hollowed than the surface of the cover. But that seemed planned, as the hollowness between the cover and camera area is gradual and smooth.

eastbayrae

Jun 12, 2011
Visit site
The quality and fit/finish are the same, not the physical dimensions of the shell. The thickness is virtually undetectable unless you look at the recess where the camera is.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quicktravo