Verizon lumia questions

Covfam

Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
Howdy Y'all

I know this is the Lumia 820 forums but im unable to find the forums for verizons lumia 822 i was hoping that this forums covered that too if not please redirect me to the correct location.

My family is on a Verizon family share plan, we have 9 devices on the plan but my wife and i really dislike our experiences with our previous android phones motorola electrify and samsung galaxy s3 (we both like the general iphone 4 experience my wife had previously but hate being locked into itunes) but android is far too unstable and requires too much modification for our basic needs it seems everything we need done for my wifes job needs a work around.

We have seen video's and read up on the lumia 820 but have little information on the verizon 822. will the 822 have the same wireless charging & removable cases, removable battery, and will it still have the amoled clear black screen? or will it be alot different device than the 822 and more difficult to find accessories for? we dont need the absolute best phone but again we dont want a slugish budget phone either!

rmichael75

May 12, 2012
Visit site
Howdy Y'all

I know this is the Lumia 820 forums but im unable to find the forums for verizons lumia 822 i was hoping that this forums covered that too if not please redirect me to the correct location.

My family is on a Verizon family share plan, we have 9 devices on the plan but my wife and i really dislike our experiences with our previous android phones motorola electrify and samsung galaxy s3 (we both like the general iphone 4 experience my wife had previously but hate being locked into itunes) but android is far too unstable and requires too much modification for our basic needs it seems everything we need done for my wifes job needs a work around.

We have seen video's and read up on the lumia 820 but have little information on the verizon 822. will the 822 have the same wireless charging & removable cases, removable battery, and will it still have the amoled clear black screen? or will it be alot different device than the 822 and more difficult to find accessories for? we dont need the absolute best phone but again we dont want a slugish budget phone either!
Welll what we know so far is that it has wireless charging. We know how it looks. It should have removeable battery. We do not know if the back cover is replaceable with different color. WE do not know about camera specifics. This is not 820. T mobiles 810 had changed camera and battery and weight specifics. So we still need to wait and see. But you will get all the Nokia goodies..

Covfam

Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
Thanks, we are a lil nervous about it all, we had a bad experience with windows mobile '03 and then again in '05 with our utcstarcom smartphone, and again with windows mobile 6.1 with out htc touch pro, but we are REALLY tired of the convoluted issues that we cotantly have with android . and dont wish to be forced into an iphone for a stable device.

rebornempowered

Feb 2, 2012
Visit site
Thanks, we are a lil nervous about it all, we had a bad experience with windows mobile '03 and then again in '05 with our utcstarcom smartphone, and again with windows mobile 6.1 with out htc touch pro, but we are REALLY tired of the convoluted issues that we cotantly have with android . and dont wish to be forced into an iphone for a stable device.
I have the HTC Trophy on Verizon and the phone is the most stable I have ever used (yes, even more stable than most of the "dumb" phones I owned prior to my first smart phone which was Android). I can imagine that a better quality Nokia with WP8 can only be better.

fierywater

Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
I have the HTC Trophy on Verizon and the phone is the most stable I have ever used (yes, even more stable than most of the "dumb" phones I owned prior to my first smart phone which was Android). I can imagine that a better quality Nokia with WP8 can only be better.

This. Having owned an iPhone in the past and being a current (sad) owner of a Droid RAZR Maxx, I can say that my Trophy was every bit as stable as the iPhone. And both WP8 phones slated for Verizon look so much better. Faster, better cameras, better screens, better looks (ha).

db4williams

Mar 28, 2012
Visit site

Those old windows phones are all together different animals than the new breed of Windows Phone's that are coming out.

I had an HTC Trophy that I ended up giving to my wife because her Moto Droid 2 started to malfunction really bad. She hated that phone from day one because of the constant lagging and instability. She complained about it almost everyday. The very day I gave her the Trophy, she stopped complaining about her phone. She has been using it now for nearly six months with ZERO issues and ZERO complaints. The phone just works. The OS is silky smooth with no lag and is very user friendly and intuitive.

Last edited:

jleebiker

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
Getting back the OP, wasn't there a thread somewhere with the porposed 822 specs? I'm currently using the Trophy and it has been the most stable phone I've ever had. Ever. I just wish the 822 has the PureView camera like the 920.

GreenScrew

Apr 13, 2012
Visit site
Getting back the OP, wasn't there a thread somewhere with the porposed 822 specs? I'm currently using the Trophy and it has been the most stable phone I've ever had. Ever. I just wish the 822 has the PureView camera like the 920.

Verizon Nokia Lumia 822 Detailed Specs | WMPoweruser

One thing I notice right away compared to the 820 is that it is listed as having Gorilla Glass 2, and wireless charging is standard. Not sure what other differences there are.

All these minor differences between phones are making it difficult to keep track of and decide on! I'm on Verizon so I'm anxious to decide between 822 and 8x. Of course we all want the very best phone but two factors are influencing me - size (prefer smaller phone) and camera ability in low light. The Trophy camera leaves a lot to be desired and I'm having a very hard time deciding if the camera on the 822 would be a lot better handling varying lighting conditions where as I assume the backlit sensor on the 8x would be great however unproven it may be to date. The camera aside, I don't see much difference between the general specs that matter to me between the 822 and the 8x.

ChevyMSU35

Nov 17, 2010
Visit site
Verizon Nokia Lumia 822 Detailed Specs | WMPoweruser

One thing I notice right away compared to the 820 is that it is listed as having Gorilla Glass 2, and wireless charging is standard. Not sure what other differences there are.

All these minor differences between phones are making it difficult to keep track of and decide on! I'm on Verizon so I'm anxious to decide between 822 and 8x. Of course we all want the very best phone but two factors are influencing me - size (prefer smaller phone) and camera ability in low light. The Trophy camera leaves a lot to be desired and I'm having a very hard time deciding if the camera on the 822 would be a lot better handling varying lighting conditions where as I assume the backlit sensor on the 8x would be great however unproven it may be to date. The camera aside, I don't see much difference between the general specs that matter to me between the 822 and the 8x.

I'm also facing the 822 vs. 8X decision. Here's how I break it down:

822:
Expandable storage
Nokia apps
Cheaper
Wireless charging

8X:
Better design
Better screen
Beats audio (although from what I'm reading, this is negligible)
Better front-facing camera

Both have the same processor, same RAM, NFC...

Honestly, as surprised as I am by this, I may end up going with the 822. I pretty much never watch movies on my phone (especially now that I have a Surface), so I don't care about the screen upgrade with the 8X all that much. I'd really like the Nokia apps, and expandable storage is a big deal for me (16GB on the 8X just doesn't cut it these days; I want all my music on my phone).

Everyone keeps saying the 822 is "mid-range" while the 8X is "flagship", but I'm not seeing THAT big of a difference. Is a much better screen and better looks worth sacrificing expandable storage, the Nokia-exclusive apps, and $100? I'm not so sure.

ironsoulreaver

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
The reasons I am picking the 822 over the 8X are the screen size and the Exclusive Applications.

The 822 has a wider screen even though it has a lower resolution. It will be easier for my blind fat fingered self to use it. The tiles are just a little bit bigger. As long as videos don't look like they were recorded with a paperclip It will do just fine :D

Munkeyphyst

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
The 820 has larger tiles due to the wider aspect ratio. because most phones usage is in portrait mode, the wider screens that Nokia has used will mean larger text on webs, larger tiles, etc... The 8x will have crisper text, but it will be smaller if fitting the same paragraphs on the screen. The expandable memory is nice. The advantage of the Nokia ecosystem is another huge plus for the 820.

Bkr11

Sep 22, 2011
Visit site
The main reason I wanted the 920 was the camera. Since it appears I'm staying on VZW I'd love to get some visibility (no pun intended) into the capabilities of the 822, and how it might stack up against our other VZW option - the 8X. My searches were fruitless - should we expect the 822 is the same exact camera/sw as the 820?

Covfam

Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
bkr11,

i dont know how accurate it is but it looks like the verizon's 822 version of the lumia 820 has some improvements. first it has 1800 mAH battery isntead of the 820's 1650 mAH battery, the 822 has 16 gigs of storage on hand instead of the 820's 8 gigs the front cameroa on the 822 is HD capable 1280?960 where as the 820 has a 640?480 VGA front camera, also the verizon 82 is listed as having the gorilla glass 2 and the 820 does not list it, also the 822 lists that it has nokia's local scout app the 820 does not while none of these are MAJOR changes, these improvements to me make verizon's version better than a mid ranged device that the 820 is, even if its not a flag ship device like the 920.

TaliZorah

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
I'm torn between the Nokia Lumia 822, and the HTC 8x.

I am too... I heard that the 8X had some "random restart" issues and now I read about somebody else who's 8X just completely shut down without turning back on. That's bad for those of us who use our phones as an alarm.

Just looked up the specs:

OK the Lumia 822 has a smaller resolution (I can deal with that) but it has the same size battery, and an expandable memory slot. AND, the battery is removeable on the 822.

SOLD! I'm going to get the L822 I have decided now.

Last edited:

ItnStln

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
I am too... I heard that the 8X had some "random restart" issues and now I read about somebody else who's 8X just completely shut down without turning back on. That's bad for those of us who use our phones as an alarm.

Just looked up the specs:

OK the Lumia 822 has a smaller resolution (I can deal with that) but it has the same size battery, and an expandable memory slot. AND, the battery is removeable on the 822.

SOLD! I'm going to get the L822 I have decided now.

I forgot about the expandable memory and removable battery. Thanks for the information...822 it is!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077