Anyone in UK got an L820 yet?

sarah3585

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I bought my phone online at CPW but no charging plate sent through (Windows upgrade sticker included though). I spoke to them and I was told that this was only on the red model, they said they could only credit me with ?15 but thats all they could do. I thought the charging plate was only worth ?20 so I didnt mind too much but since I have found it is worth ?45 I want to pursue it.

Can anyone confirm they have a black lumia 820 with the free charging plate. I believe rplyons was due to get sent one and I can see his invoice looks the same as mine so hopefully I can get it?

It seems judging by the various answers CPW are giving nobody really has a clue which is disappointing as I had hoped for better service.

That's rubbish, no where on the website does it state it's only for red or in my case contract only. I would defiantly pursue it. There seems to be a real lack of knowledge with CW staff over the free charge plate with the offer changing every few minutes depending on who you speak to.

conair346

Feb 27, 2012
Visit site
I finally got my handset replaced and its a dream to use.
I didn't get the Win8Pro sticker and CPW didn't know about it when its advertised in their window and displays :/
They're gonna get back to me on that as both the old and new handset boxes have no code.

The wireless plate comes to match your handset and I believe it should be on all sales, not contract only.

Now I just can't wait to send Nokia my bill for taking care of their faulty handset while they recommended by email I travel 90 minutes to Bristol to go to the care centre and costs for visiting Exeter twice to CPW.

wasli

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
Can anyone confirm they have a black lumia 820 with the free charging plate. I believe rplyons was due to get sent one and I can see his invoice looks the same as mine so hopefully I can get it?

I've got black Lumia 820 with free charging plate from CPW in Birmingham, sim free. I bought it last night so I still need some time to play with it but it looks awesome. I though that I will need to buy wireless charging back cover for it but it was already included in the box

Luiskp

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Got an email today from unlocked-mobiles.com saying that from tomorrow they expect the L820 to arrive to stock. Great news to them. :)

By the other hand Clove UK answered me saying they dont have a date to stock yet :mad:

jml3_uk

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I got my black L820 with free charging plate last Tuesday from O2 in Derby, just walked in for a free upgrade and was out in under 10min :). No issues at all. However can the 820 take 32 or 64Gb memory card?

Drewstwitts

Oct 10, 2012
Visit site
My 64gb card works fine. Just having a terrible time transferring music and it duplicating the files and not keeping them in the one album file. Messy!

Narr

Jul 2, 2011
Visit site
My 64gb card works fine. Just having a terrible time transferring music and it duplicating the files and not keeping them in the one album file. Messy!

This is one of my big concerns. How difficult is it to use the sd card for media? Does the library sync automatically?

apjs87

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
GMAIL working as normal on my Lumia 820

So far, this device is excellent. Battery life in comparison to my Lumia 800 is greatly improved. Love the different sized tiles now making it more custom

I was going to get a 920 to begin with but after holding one, quickly realized it is too big for my hand. The 820 size is perfect!

It was purchased on the 14th November from Phones 4 U. Black, sim free, 359.99. Also came with a voucher to claim a free wireless charging plate.

All in all very happy

Narr

Jul 2, 2011
Visit site
I got mine yesterday from CPW, ordered it online and the wireless charging plate came with the package and I love the phone; just the right size. I did consider waiting for the 920 but I can live without the excellent camera. I like being able to drag and drop music onto the SD card but until I turned on Dolby I thought there was a problem with the sound as there wasn't any punch to it; now with Dolby turned on it's much better.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss