I'm getting the 822, who's coming with me?

ItnStln

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
I went to an AT&T store today as well. I really wanted to switch to them but my pesky ETF is keeping from doing it. But I had fun anyway there handling the Lumias. The 920 is spectacular phone and it handles well. To me, it didn't seem as heavy as all the critics are saying. In fact I compared the size and weight to my old Droid X and found them very similar to each other. I was surprised the 920 was just as thin if not a hair thinner than the thin part of my old X. I think the images we all have seen of the 920 make it look more portly than it is. It is big don't get me wrong, but not as bad as it's reputation has it. As for the 820, great device for the money. Nice and slim, feels good in hand. I like it a lot also.

I demoed the high contrast setting on the white 920 to the AT&T rep as well as a guy that was buying a red 920 and they were just floored by it! I think the AT&T manager wanted to hire me on the spot as he didn't even know about it. And the guy buying the red 920 just started salivating! lol

Anyways, after lusting over those Lumias at AT&T I have resolved to myself that I will go ahead and get a white 822 on Verizon. I need a phone now and can't wait till my contract ends to avoid paying the ETF. So 822, here I come. I'm sure I wont be disappointed especially coming off of my crappy Droid X.

Is the high contrast setting only available on the white 920?

BBMINI

Nov 5, 2012
Visit site
I'm a VZW customer but went to ATT this wkd to compare the 820, 920 and 8X. Unfortunately, they had no 8X on display but I handled the others for a while. What I repeatedly found and which helped confirm my decision to go with an 822 was that the 920 was too big for me to use one-handed very well. Specifically, when holding the 920 in my right hand and reaching my thumb across to top left screen corner, I repeatedly hit the camera button and turned on the camera. Maybe I'd get used to it and avoid doing it in the future, but the 820 was just enough smaller that this didn't happen. I'll be ordering a grey 822 today. Really looking forward to it.

BigCTM

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
Just ordered a grey 822... The only advantage of the 8x to me is the screen. But the clear black screen of the 822 sounds great for outdoor visibility.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

BooMaLiCiOuS

Apr 13, 2012
Visit site
I am 90% sure I will get the 822. I have bounced back and forth between the 3 phones but will head to Verizon on black Friday to pick up the 822.

Sent from my Thunderbolt using Tapatalk 2

BBMINI

Nov 5, 2012
Visit site
but will head to Verizon on black Friday to pick up the 822.

Are there announced/confirmed specials for the 822 for Black Friday or are you just assuming they'll be discounted that day? I was planning to order online but if they'll definitely be cheaper on BF then maybe I'll wait.

scottcraft

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
Are there announced/confirmed specials for the 822 for Black Friday or are you just assuming they'll be discounted that day? I was planning to order online but if they'll definitely be cheaper on BF then maybe I'll wait.

I personally doubt the phones will be cheaper since they are supposed to hit the stores on the 18th, but there might be some good deals on accessories.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb