att 820 owners, can you share your experience?

infamousdaveman

Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Seeing the 349 price at the MS store, Its got me really thinking about this device...But I wanna know how it does in real world situations...how are the pics/camera? The screen? Does it seem like it will scratch easy? Hows the dolby sound?(sound is huge for me) How does it work with an sd card? Call Quality good? Signal strength? Wifi connecting?

Also, does anyone know what happened to the purple back cover? Some sites have the pic but I cant find one link to buy....

budney

Sep 6, 2006
Visit site
I picked a 820 yesterday. So far I am liking it a lot, nice upgrade from the 900 IMO. :)

I haven't played with the camera much, but I am happy with the pics. I am one who doesn't like to fiddle with settings too much. And I care more about getting the pic then making the pic perfect.

The screen to me a bit more vivid then the 900. I think it's to early to tell if the screen is scratch prone. Not sure if Dolby is on by default, but the sound is much improved over the 900 IMO. The 820 recognized my 32GB card and saw and played my mp3s flawlessly. Call quality is good. Slightly lower volume, but the sound is cleaner IMO. WIFi has been connecting flawlessly, and reception is really good typical Nokia. :)

Last edited:

budney

Sep 6, 2006
Visit site
I'm guessing budney meant 900.

I did mean the 900, fixed that. Lol

But the 820 works better for me then the 920. The size, expandable memory, removable battery beat out the better screen and camera of the 920. The weight issue of the 920 has been so over blown, it felt great in hand. :)

longcipher

Nov 8, 2011
Visit site
I did mean the 900, fixed that. Lol

But the 820 works better for me then the 920. The size, expandable memory, removable battery beat out the better screen and camera of the 920. The weight issue of the 920 has been so over blown, it felt great in hand. :)

I compared the 920 and 820 side by side for about 15 minutes and can tell you that the screen on the 820 is much better. It is an AMOLED screen so the blacks are deeper and the colors are more vibrant. I walked out with a 920, but I am considering exchanging it for the 820 because of that beautiful screen; I love how AMOLED looks.

o4liberty

Oct 28, 2011
Visit site
I just picked mine up tonight and so far I am impressed no issues at all. I looked at the 920 but took the 820 for size and removable battery.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro