Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By Bkr11
  • 1 Post By budney
  • 1 Post By longcipher
  • 1 Post By o4liberty
  1.    #1  
    Seeing the 349 price at the MS store, Its got me really thinking about this device...But I wanna know how it does in real world situations...how are the pics/camera? The screen? Does it seem like it will scratch easy? Hows the dolby sound?(sound is huge for me) How does it work with an sd card? Call Quality good? Signal strength? Wifi connecting?

Also, does anyone know what happened to the purple back cover? Some sites have the pic but I cant find one link to buy....

Global Posts
    150 Global Posts
    PIN
    No
    I picked a 820 yesterday. So far I am liking it a lot, nice upgrade from the 900 IMO. :)

I haven't played with the camera much, but I am happy with the pics. I am one who doesn't like to fiddle with settings too much. And I care more about getting the pic then making the pic perfect.

The screen to me a bit more vivid then the 900. I think it's to early to tell if the screen is scratch prone. Not sure if Dolby is on by default, but the sound is much improved over the 900 IMO. The 820 recognized my 32GB card and saw and played my mp3s flawlessly. Call quality is good. Slightly lower volume, but the sound is cleaner IMO. WIFi has been connecting flawlessly, and reception is really good typical Nokia. :)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails wp_20121110_002.jpg   wp_20121110_003.jpg  
    Last edited by budney76; 11-12-2012 at 12:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by budney76 View Post
    I picked a 820 yesterday. So far I am liking it a lot, nice upgrade from the 920 IMO. :)
    You like the 820 better than the 920? Why is that (other than size/weight, unless those are the only reason)?

Global Posts
    208 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by KLinCHI View Post
    You like the 820 better than the 920? Why is that (other than size/weight, unless those are the only reason)?
    I'm guessing budney meant 900.
    budney likes this.

Global Posts
    150 Global Posts
    PIN
    No
    Quote Originally Posted by Bkr11 View Post
    I'm guessing budney meant 900.
    I did mean the 900, fixed that. Lol

But the 820 works better for me then the 920. The size, expandable memory, removable battery beat out the better screen and camera of the 920. The weight issue of the 920 has been so over blown, it felt great in hand. :)
    lilkim429 likes this.

Global Posts
    150 Global Posts
    PIN
    No
    Umm... how do you get pics from Skydrive to show up?

Quote Originally Posted by budney76 View Post
    I did mean the 900, fixed that. Lol

But the 820 works better for me then the 920. The size, expandable memory, removable battery beat out the better screen and camera of the 920. The weight issue of the 920 has been so over blown, it felt great in hand. :)
    I compared the 920 and 820 side by side for about 15 minutes and can tell you that the screen on the 820 is much better. It is an AMOLED screen so the blacks are deeper and the colors are more vibrant. I walked out with a 920, but I am considering exchanging it for the 820 because of that beautiful screen; I love how AMOLED looks.
    lilkim429 likes this.

Global Posts
    3,332 Global Posts
    I just picked mine up tonight and so far I am impressed no issues at all. I looked at the 920 but took the 820 for size and removable battery.
    lilkim429 likes this.