Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree3Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Joshua Jackson View Post
    As a follow-up post...
    I went back to the Verizon store, today, to play with the 822.
    I absolutely hate the form-factor of it.
    It feels wide, squatty, and thick.
    The term that I would use to describe the 8X is "svelte".
    The term that I would use to describe the 822 is "pudgy".

It's odd that I am having such a hard time wanting the 822, though.
    I'm, normally, heavy on the "form follows function" side.
    I just can't seem to get over the way the 822 looks and feels, though.
    I want the ability to wear my gloves and operate the phone (I've had multiple cold mornings, this past week).
    I want the microSD slot (I ran out of space the first night and had to remove mp3s, two times after that, to install programs).
    I want the AMOLED display.
    But, crap, I don't want to give up how my 8X looks and feels.

Oh, and I want the free phone and the $100 gift card, from Walmart, and the free earbuds, from Nokia!!!
    I paid $200 for my 8X and got jack-diddly!!!
    JJ
    Hold out for Samsung's offering... AMOLED screen, thinnest WP to date, 32gb plus expandable storage, it's a bigger screen, but still manageable. I've held the 8x and the gs3 (same chassis as Ativ S) and it's a wash between the two as far as one-handed use, etc.

Global Posts
    362 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by freestaterocker View Post
    Hold out for Samsung's offering... AMOLED screen, thinnest WP to date, 32gb plus expandable storage, it's a bigger screen, but still manageable. I've held the 8x and the gs3 (same chassis as Ativ S) and it's a wash between the two as far as one-handed use, etc.
    Hmmm...
    I've never liked the "brushed aluminum and chrome" plastic.
    Hehehe...
    If it's anywhere near the size of the Galaxy SIII, that's way too big for my personal taste.
    I like smaller phones.
    JJ

Global Posts
    73 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by xboxmusix View Post
    The only question for me is the color. Are 822 future owners getting white, black or grey?
    I'm leaning towards the grey, but would consider the black as well. The white just seems like it would show scuffs and dirt more than the other colors.

Global Posts
    73 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by deadwrong03 View Post
    anyone else going with the 822 over the 8x?
    I'm pulled toward the 822 myself over the 8X. I've always had Nokia flip phones, so I feel a bit of nostalgia for the new ones (I want them to succeed). I agree with many posters that the 8X feels great in hand, but when you look really close it doesn't look like it is of much quality (in my opinion). Edges look unclean, the matte finish looks like it can be scratched easily and show the darker black plastic which lies underneath, and the buttons are much too flush with the surface to be useful.

I've always admired HTC for their design but not their follow through.

I'm probably going with the 822 myself.

Global Posts
    73 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by metalchick719 View Post
    I haven't seen the 822, but I got to see and handle the 820 on Monday. Believe me, the screen did not look low res at ALL, and I'm coming from an iPhone 4. I don't think anyone would be disappointed with the screen if they were to go with the 822.
    I'm switching from an iPhone 4 as well. How do you like WP8 over iPhone 4? Miss anything? Regret your decision or not looking back?

Global Posts
    367 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jridgers View Post
    I'm switching from an iPhone 4 as well. How do you like WP8 over iPhone 4? Miss anything? Regret your decision or not looking back?
    I bought a couple 822's. me coming from wp7.5 and my daughter coming from iphone4. she missed instagram, the facebook app had more functionality, and the fact that she couldn't assign ringtones for text messages to different contacts. but overall she likes it. I don't count because i'm already a fanboy.

Global Posts
    140 Global Posts
    I just got offered an upgrade from my HTC Trophy to a new device at Verizon and I can't decide between the Nokia Lumia 822 vs. the HTC 8X
    I know all the specs and arguable differences, but the Nokia Lumia 822 is free vs. $99 for the 8X. However, the feel of the 8X is just winning me over, its thin, light, and colorful feel is stealing my heart. I'm familiar with HTC, and their design just seems more natural. However owners, challenge me, by the end of the week I will have or the other (or is their a reason to hold off my upgrade for different phones?) Persuade me to one over the other based on your experiences.

My primary uses include a "medium-amount" of emailing, web-browsing, and listening to music. It's my go-to device being a college student. And I don't want a bulky device, it should be something to nicely go in my pocket. Thoughts?

Global Posts
    2,867 Global Posts
    I used the 822 for a few months, but the 8X won me over by the design. It's just awesome and feels great in the hand. If you can live without the microsd, it's a great device.
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    362 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TrophyNostalgia View Post
    I just got offered an upgrade from my HTC Trophy to a new device at Verizon and I can't decide between the Nokia Lumia 822 vs. the HTC 8X
    I know all the specs and arguable differences, but the Nokia Lumia 822 is free vs. $99 for the 8X. However, the feel of the 8X is just winning me over, its thin, light, and colorful feel is stealing my heart. I'm familiar with HTC, and their design just seems more natural. However owners, challenge me, by the end of the week I will have or the other (or is their a reason to hold off my upgrade for different phones?) Persuade me to one over the other based on your experiences.
    My primary uses include a "medium-amount" of emailing, web-browsing, and listening to music. It's my go-to device being a college student. And I don't want a bulky device, it should be something to nicely go in my pocket. Thoughts?
    Having lived with the 8x since day one, I would whole-heartedly recommend the 822.
    Hehehe...
    The ONLY reason that I would recommend the 8x is purely superficial.
    It is the best feeling/looking phone on the market, in my opinion, but the 822 should be a better phone for pretty much EVERY other reason.
    JJ
    Between the two I chose the 8x. The 822 felt very uncomfortable to the touch and too bulky for my pockets.. My only regrets with HTC is the terrible app support (I love NOKIA for that) and the occasional bugs.
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    140 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SpanglyEnvelope View Post
    Between the two I chose the 8x. The 822 felt very uncomfortable to the touch and too bulky for my pockets.. My only regrets with HTC is the terrible app support (I love NOKIA for that) and the occasional bugs.
    While I know Nokia is known for giving incredible support in addition with their nice exclusive apps; I have never felt that as a loss or as a detriment on my current HTC Trophy. Additionally while if I had the extra space of a micro SD card, I'm perfectly fine without it on my HTC Trophy and have only used about half of the 16 GB on my HTC Trophy. However bugs would be a concern and I have heard of a few on the HTC 8X, are there any present bugs I should be aware of? Anything serious that is still a problem?
    Last edited by TrophyNostalgia; 03-24-2013 at 11:34 PM. Reason: Additions

Nokia 822 for built quality and Nokia apps you will be very happy to choose Nokia:-)

Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ben0909 View Post
    Nokia 822 for built quality and Nokia apps you will be very happy to choose Nokia:-)
    Agreed. Its a budget phone that doesn't feel cheap. I love my 822 :-)
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123