Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!

View Poll Results: What Platform were you using before getting an 820?

Voters
20. You may not vote on this poll
  • WP7- Blazing the trail!

11 55.00%
  • iOS- I'm recovering from the faux-leather

4 20.00%
  • Android- Finally just wanted something that just works

4 20.00%
  • Feature phone- I've just left the stone-age, this is my first smartphone

1 5.00%
  • Other- RIP Palm/webOS :( ...RIM, "It's been a pleasure playing with you, Gentlemen!"

0 0%
  • Symbian/Maemo/Meego: NOKIA FTW!

0 0%
Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By metalchick719

Global Posts
    38 Global Posts
    Greeting fellow Nokia/WP brethren,

I am a recent WP convert, leaving developing for Android and a slew of Droid devices in my wake. I conducted this poll on the 920 boards during launch weekend for the 920 and now am curious to see how this poll turns out with the 820 and WP8X. I am curious to hear everyone's adaptation stories and where you came from as far a mobile tech.

If you would please mark your response and post your stories, I would greatly appreciate it! I will do a post after a few days of this poll being open to highlight some interesting analyses from the polls!

Thanks!

Global Posts
    150 Global Posts
    PIN
    No
    I came from a WP7 Lumia 900.
  3. CDG

Global Posts
    2,003 Global Posts
    I came from a WP7 Lumia 900 as well.

Sent from my Lumia 820 using Board Express

I just upgraded my wife from an LG Quantum to the 820. She loved her Quantum and wanted another one, but they are $100 on ebay and the 820 is free on Walmart.com. Plus it takes better pictures, FF Camera, etc.

me & the wife both from android and loving it so far. Only a few apps i miss

Quote Originally Posted by cancerkilla23 View Post
    Greeting fellow Nokia/WP brethren,

I am a recent WP convert, leaving developing for Android and a slew of Droid devices in my wake. I conducted this poll on the 920 boards during launch weekend for the 920 and now am curious to see how this poll turns out with the 820 and WP8X. I am curious to hear everyone's adaptation stories and where you came from as far a mobile tech.

If you would please mark your response and post your stories, I would greatly appreciate it! I will do a post after a few days of this poll being open to highlight some interesting analyses from the polls!

Thanks!
    I have always had iphones until i bought a lumia 710 and now im only interested in windows phone and yesterday upraded to the Lumia 820 to the tune of 379.99 with a free wireless charging plate :)

Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    Im coming from Xperia Mini Pro... waiting for my L820 from preorder Clove

Global Posts
    697 Global Posts
    iP5. I like it. But I miss WP. Coming back.

Global Posts
    2,386 Global Posts
    I'm getting the 810 tomorrow, but I figured this poll would include me in that respect since it's a variant of the 820. Coming from an iPhone 4 that I love but am looking to just use as an iPod touch because I've been wanting a Windows Phone for months. Can't wait to officially join the fold tomorrow! :D
    CDG and Mystictrust like this.
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    4,555 Global Posts
    PIN
    No
    I'm taking an interesting approach. I'll be coming from a HTC TITAN WP7, but will still be keeping my iPT4 and HTC Flyer. I however used the phone I use as my basis of what phone I was coming from (I have a BlackBerry Curve 8520 too), so that would be the HTC TITAN with Windows Phone.

"Fortune cookie said: 'Outlook not so good'. I said: 'Sure, but Microsoft ships it anyway'."

I will be Coming from WP7 Samsung Focus Flash, have not got my 820 yet. But it will be very soon once again if that MSStore price holds.
    T-Mobile Lumia 521 Firm (Cyan) OS ver (8.10.12400.899)
    AT&T Lumia 520 - Firm (Cyan) OS ver (8.10.12393.890)
    Retired Focus Flash - OS ver (7.10.8862.14)
    Net10/Straight Talk AT&T Apn Data for Samsung Wireless Manager
    WPCentralApp Beta Tester