loose battery

o4liberty

Oct 28, 2011
Visit site
When I picked up my 820 last night the rep had to go through 3 of them before she found one that didn't have a loose battery. I woke up this morning picked up my 820 and again the battery is loose it moves if you shake the phone. Has anyone else experienced this issue?l
I also noticed if you remove the back cover the battery falls right out!

Update I spoke to Nokia today and they said battery should not be loose so I went to a few ATT stores and they are all the same. One store is pulling the 820 off the shelf until they hear from Nokia.

Last edited:

budney

Sep 6, 2006
Visit site
When I picked up my 820 last night the rep had to go through 3 of them before she found one that didn't have a loose battery. I woke up this morning picked up my 820 and again the battery is loose it moves if you shake the phone. Has anyone else experienced this issue?l
I also noticed if you remove the back cover the battery falls right out!

Update I spoke to Nokia today and they said battery should not be loose so I went to a few ATT stores and they are all the same. One store is pulling the 820 off the shelf until they hear from Nokia.
I notice that the battery does seem to fall out easily when taking off the back cover. But once the cover is on I have no issues with the battery coming out, even if shaken.

o4liberty

Oct 28, 2011
Visit site
I notice that the battery does seem to fall out easily when taking off the back cover. But once the cover is on I have no issues with the battery coming out, even if shaken.

The issue is the battery moves with the back cover on and when the battery connections move this can cause battery drain according to Nokia. Just like a car a bad connection can cause charging issues.

budney

Sep 6, 2006
Visit site
The issue is the battery moves with the back cover on and when the battery connections move this can cause battery drain according to Nokia. Just like a car a bad connection can cause charging issues.

Makes sense, but I haven't had crazy battery drain or have had my battery loosen with the cover on. But I will be keeping and ear and eye out for any changes.

BellaRed

Sep 15, 2012
Visit site
My battery falls out when I take the cover off too but it doesn't rattle around when shaken.

To ensure the battery is nice and snug i did some DIY and inserted a wee piece of card on top of the battery and now it stays put. :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moocher720