Where are all these back plates?

Iumia

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
Has anyone found/ bought the cyan shell in the UK? I can't seem to find any website offering it quicker than 2 weeks+ to wait.

Iumia

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for sharing Solynia, hopefully they will be widely available in the UK soon too.

Could you let me know if the rugged shell feature wireless charging?

Solynia

Jan 18, 2013
Visit site
Well I guess you can order it on amazon.fr it will still be delivered in UK (This is just a guess ! I'm not used to amazon) And, sorry but no wireless charging...

I can describe it more :
  • there is a piece of foam inside (?) keeping the battery in place
  • the corners and borders are black and made of softer plastic than the yellow part so then can absorb small impacts (so don't thow it or drop it intentionally)
  • the shell is a tiny bit thicker than the original one. Which means, the glass part around the lens won't get scratches from resting on a table
  • the screen borders are black as I said before and higher than the screen itself wich means you can put your L820 on its screen without scratching it. (to avoid waking everyone when you get a toast during the night)

I'm not sure I made myself understandable, let me know !

jplumia820

Jan 8, 2013
Visit site
Thank you very much for the info, Solynia! Still waiting for it to release in US.. Does it feel sturdy enough to survive a fall? I wanted to get rid of that additional case which I'm using right now..

Solynia

Jan 18, 2013
Visit site
To be honest I'm a bit disappointed. It does not feel really protective. I mean. of course my screen wont get scratches if I'm careful but dropping my L820 from my pocket on concrete will most likely kill it unlike my previous blackberry which survived 2 stairways and a tramway platform... rugged shell is nice if it drops from your sofa maybe... but the look of yellow shell with black borders... ;) worth it

11B1P

Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
Madisonjar, you are correct. I just went to my local Verizon store on my break and checked out the 822 (BTW looks way better in person than the pics we've all seen online and more slim too). I talked to the rep about the wireless charging feature and he didn't know either. So, we took the battery door/back plate off of the floor model and behold, there were contact pins attached to the back plate coming from where a large, slightly raised black square area of it. So actually all you need to make the wireless charging work is the wireless charging plate! :cool:

Can you post a pic? I've been considering going wireless (miss it from my Palm Pre) but I too, have thought it was quite expensive. If all I need is the charging pad, that will be awesome.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MatthewHilbers