Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree3Likes

Global Posts
    1,773 Global Posts
    It's an 822 revolution!! Remember how mad we all were when the first images leaked?
    TaliZorah likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by tk-093 View Post
    It's an 822 revolution!! Remember how mad we all were when the first images leaked?
    lol, yup. I went on a rant or 2.

Global Posts
    692 Global Posts
    Yup! I was dead set on getting the 8x. Just assumed the 822 was inferior. Actually looked up the specs, saw that it had the same processor, battery, and ram, expandable memory, removeable battery and saw it was cheaper. Thought it was ugly but yeah in person its actually pretty sexy! Very happy with it.
    I have the 920 but i just went to Verizon for curiosity to see the 822 and is true it looks a lot better than in the images.

Quote Originally Posted by independentvolume View Post
    I'm liking what I hear. 450 off contract is reasonable as well.
    If you have a Best Buy credit card and Reward Zone like I do, you can take advantage of the reward zone coupons. Its nice to get something in the area of $40-$50 back...$400 off contract phone now :D
    Quote Originally Posted by Isror View Post
    If you have a Best Buy credit card and Reward Zone like I do, you can take advantage of the reward zone coupons. Its nice to get something in the area of $40-$50 back...$400 off contract phone now :D
    I don't have a best buy by me. Nearest one is an hour away.

Quote Originally Posted by independentvolume View Post
    I don't have a best buy by me. Nearest one is an hour away.
    That would def. put the brakes on that then wouldn't it lol
    I just want my 822 in my hands. lol. Should of just got the black one they had in stock.

Just went online & was looking @ the 822 & saw that you can buy online & pickup in a store near you for the online price of $99

What's taking up that extra space? I'm pretty sure it's Nokia Maps. Check it out in Nokia Drive+ (Settings --> Manage Maps). It has the USA map downloaded by default.

I visited local VZW and played with the 822 (8x not available yet). I am in agreement with everyone that the 822 feels and looks a lot better than depicted on camera. It's really weird to see that. My only complaint is I wish the white one wasn't glossy. The black felt very nice in the hands. Display was very nice too for being inferior to HD. And it is or feels as light or just tad bit lighter than the Trophy in the hands. If the phone was $50, it would be a steal like the L920. At $100 though, still not happy with that price.

Can anyone verify simultaneous voice and data w/ Verizon. Does thing mean you can talk & surf at the same time? I thought Verizon Wireless never supported this feat. due to frequency band limitations.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Hon View Post
    If the phone was $50, it would be a steal like the L920. At $100 though, still not happy with that price.
    BestBuy has it for $50. Walmart has it for free (and supposedly BestBuy is price-matching).

Quote Originally Posted by sm1174 View Post
    Can anyone verify simultaneous voice and data w/ Verizon. Does thing mean you can talk & surf at the same time? I thought Verizon Wireless never supported this feat. due to frequency band limitations.
    Just tested and confirmed this works. I was able to borrow and talk on the phone at the same time. I'm on LTE (not wifi). Not sure if the LTE is what makes the difference.
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    365 Global Posts
    One thing bugs me and it is the button placement. On the GS3 the volume rocker is on the left and the power is on the right. On the 822 the Volume, power and camera are all on the right side. The volume is at the top and is where the power is on the GS3 so I keep reaching for the power and am hitting the volume. Very annoying but I imagine it will take a few days for my muscle memory to update.
    I just came from an iPhone and I keep hitting the windows button and then getting upset and wondering why it wont turn on. I just did it as I typed this. I then follow up by reaching for the top of the phone and wondering why the power button isn't there.

Don't forget to thank and like anyone who deserves it!
    you can get it for free.

Global Posts
    1,925 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ironsoulreaver View Post
    I just came from an iPhone and I keep hitting the windows button and then getting upset and wondering why it wont turn on. I just did it as I typed this. I then follow up by reaching for the top of the phone and wondering why the power button isn't there.
    Lol, changes are hard. I came from the Lumia 900 and keep trying to plug it into power from the top.

Sent from my Lumia 820 using Board Express
    The SmartPhone Parade (2006-Now)
    QTEK 9100 > Samsung Blackjack > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > BB 9700 > Xperia X10 > Motorola Atrix > HTC Vivid > Lumia 900 > Lumia 820
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    2,526 Global Posts
    I'm still finding the button placement awkward. It might be easier if I used the phone in my right hand, but I'm sure I'll get it down pretty soon. So far I've been quite impressed with the quality of this phone. WP8 is very nice and the Nokia apps are a great addition also. This phone makes me even more excited for the future of WP!

Global Posts
    718 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric Hon View Post
    If the phone was $50, it would be a steal like the L920. At $100 though, still not happy with that price.
    You can get it for free on contract at Walmart.com.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12