822 Initial Thoughts

thatotherdude24

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
I was worried that it would be cheap but it doesn't at all. The vibrate is nice also, you can't hear it, only feel it. It's plastic but a sturdy plastic. The rep I spoke with said he preferred the 822 over the 8X because even though the 8X had a better resolution he thought the 822 had a better image quality on the screen...thoughts?

rebornempowered

Feb 2, 2012
Visit site
I stopped by to look at one today and it looks so much better than any of the pictures I have seen. I am pretty sure I am going to pick one up tomorrow morning. The screen is really bright. Putting it side by side with my Trophy almost made me cry.

independentvolume

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
Ok, just got back from the Verizon store. Ordered a White one. I actually like the form factor and feel better than the 920. I know the 920 has a little nicer screen but the 822 beats it in everything else that I actually care about.

dakranii

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
I checked them out in store too. Also saw that 8X at Best Buy Mobile near the Verizon store. I was already leaning towards the 822 pretty heavily, and seeing the 8X didn't change my mind.

I ordered the grey from Costco for $49.99. Don't know the ship date yet.

TaliZorah

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
It's an 822 revolution!! Remember how mad we all were when the first images leaked?

Yup! I was dead set on getting the 8x. Just assumed the 822 was inferior. Actually looked up the specs, saw that it had the same processor, battery, and ram, expandable memory, removeable battery and saw it was cheaper. Thought it was ugly but yeah in person its actually pretty sexy! Very happy with it.

Robinsonmac

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
FYI buy online & pickup in store available for 822

Just went online & was looking @ the 822 & saw that you can buy online & pickup in a store near you for the online price of $99

keithnet

Oct 26, 2007
Visit site
Where did 2.5GB go? Nokia Maps!

What's taking up that extra space? I'm pretty sure it's Nokia Maps. Check it out in Nokia Drive+ (Settings --> Manage Maps). It has the USA map downloaded by default.

Eric Hon

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: Where did 2.5GB go? Nokia Maps!

I visited local VZW and played with the 822 (8x not available yet). I am in agreement with everyone that the 822 feels and looks a lot better than depicted on camera. It's really weird to see that. My only complaint is I wish the white one wasn't glossy. The black felt very nice in the hands. Display was very nice too for being inferior to HD. And it is or feels as light or just tad bit lighter than the Trophy in the hands. If the phone was $50, it would be a steal like the L920. At $100 though, still not happy with that price.

smontoya2

May 27, 2011
Visit site
Can anyone verify simultaneous voice and data w/ Verizon. Does thing mean you can talk & surf at the same time? I thought Verizon Wireless never supported this feat. due to frequency band limitations.

keithnet

Oct 26, 2007
Visit site
Can anyone verify simultaneous voice and data w/ Verizon. Does thing mean you can talk & surf at the same time? I thought Verizon Wireless never supported this feat. due to frequency band limitations.

Just tested and confirmed this works. I was able to borrow and talk on the phone at the same time. I'm on LTE (not wifi). Not sure if the LTE is what makes the difference.

ironsoulreaver

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
One thing bugs me and it is the button placement. On the GS3 the volume rocker is on the left and the power is on the right. On the 822 the Volume, power and camera are all on the right side. The volume is at the top and is where the power is on the GS3 so I keep reaching for the power and am hitting the volume. Very annoying but I imagine it will take a few days for my muscle memory to update.

I just came from an iPhone and I keep hitting the windows button and then getting upset and wondering why it wont turn on. I just did it as I typed this. I then follow up by reaching for the top of the phone and wondering why the power button isn't there.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs