Pointless expandable sd card

Narr

Jul 2, 2011
Visit site
After a hard reset I had almost 4.5 GB of space available, the apps I downloaded sent that down to 2GB. I doubt the 3-4MB for an average app is accurate.

haggishunter81

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
If i do the hard reset can i back up everything I've set up so i can just put it back to everything that i have done to it so far using the same zune software i used for the old phone or do i need to use Nokia software?

eastbayrae

Jun 12, 2011
Visit site
The reset makes the phone as it was when you first got it: no user settings applied or user installed anything. So if you have some shots of your Aunt Sue, that can't be replaced, you will lose them.

iamtim

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
When look at an app in the marketplace, the first line tells you the size of the app. So go look up all the apps you've downloaded, add up their sizes, and see what you've got.

haggishunter81

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Yeah i went to the store and checked them out and it seems that they don't take up a lot each, combined i have almost 1.5gb in apps. Exactly what the memory storage says, I've actually started to really like it, apart from the small space bar and the memory thing, and since it doesn't look like 02 are not getting any other devices any time soon (don't fancy the Samsung devices) i may just stick with this. But there's definitely something very different between this handset and the girlfriends phone. A call to 02 may be the best bet.

Narr

Jul 2, 2011
Visit site
If i do the hard reset can i back up everything I've set up so i can just put it back to everything that i have done to it so far using the same zune software i used for the old phone or do i need to use Nokia software?

If you have selected to backup to the cloud under settings then SMS, programs, photos etc will be backed up and then restored after the reset. Apps start to download and my settings were kept.

haggishunter81

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Ok so, after a phone call to o2, they have no idea as to what I'm on about re the 'other memory'. A little frustrating however, over the past couple of days these little updates that Nokia are bringing out are gradually reducing the amount of memory this is taking up, I've got almost a gb back 😄 so thing's are now starting to look like they're sorting out all of these little issues! So I'm gonna stick with the phone. Just one last thing, when you go into the list of apps on right of main screen, anyone else still waiting on their list to be indexed alphabetically? Like a section of a's, b's etc? My gf's phone has this but on mine it still just has a straight list top to bottom....

steve_w_7

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
Ok so, after a phone call to o2, they have no idea as to what I'm on about re the 'other memory'. A little frustrating however, over the past couple of days these little updates that Nokia are bringing out are gradually reducing the amount of memory this is taking up, I've got almost a gb back  so thing's are now starting to look like they're sorting out all of these little issues! So I'm gonna stick with the phone. Just one last thing, when you go into the list of apps on right of main screen, anyone else still waiting on their list to be indexed alphabetically? Like a section of a's, b's etc? My gf's phone has this but on mine it still just has a straight list top to bottom....

I think you get the lettered sections once you reach a pre-determined number of apps. It's somewhere around 40 I believe. Compare the number of apps you have vs. the number of apps your gf has. She likely has over 40 and you're somehwere under that amount.

haggishunter81

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I think you get the lettered sections once you reach a pre-determined number of apps. It's somewhere around 40 I believe. Compare the number of apps you have vs. the number of apps your gf has. She likely has over 40 and you're somehwere under that amount.

yeah spot on, thanks mate. 😊

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte