Windows

Windows 10 Cloud will run Win32 apps, but only from the Windows Store

Excessive in a good way

GTX 1050 in a 15-inch convertible? Lenovo went there

Windows goes galactic

Revealed: Samsung's Surface Pro-like Galaxy Book, running Windows 10

Saving money on data

Mint SIM is the perfect way to get cheap data in the U.S.

We made some changes

Our new forums are here!

Don't count Windows Phone out just yet

Dead? Psh. Here are 5 reasons to stick with Windows 10 Mobile

VPN vs. Proxy

The difference between a proxy and a VPN

Latitude attitude

Dell Latitude 7280 is a business laptop with tons of consumer attitude

4K all the way

You probably don't NEED a 4K webcam, but we love Logitech's BRIO 4K anyway

Long live Windows phone

Contrary to popular belief, Windows phone won't die anytime soon

XP-YESSSSSSS

Dell's already awesome XPS 15 gets even better in 2017

Surface Pwn 5

Surface Pro 5, Project NEON details leaked on LinkedIn?

Redefining the PC

Why Microsoft's Surface phone could be MUCH more than a mere 'phone'

Surface table meets Windows 10

Yes, we did put Windows 10 on the original Surface table ... and it rocks

Cream o' the crop

Before buying a Microsoft laptop, check out our pick for the absolute best

Simple and secure, just the way I like it

We think Windows 10 Cloud is a great idea, here's why

uber micro

Halo Wars 2 has something for everyone. Here's our full review.

Oldie but goldie

We reviewed Microsoft's decade-old Surface table

Creators Update comin' at ya

These are the coolest new features in the next big Xbox One update (video)

Buyer's guide

The Razer Blade 14 is the best laptop Razer has to offer

< >
Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 15 of 15
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By metalchick719
  1. ssapre's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    761 Posts
    Global Posts
    774 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
       #1  
    I am planning to go for either of 810..820 .. or 822 later today. So far am on 710 and getting pretty good reviews of 810 and 820. any recommendations if 810 or 820 is better?
  2. independentvolume's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    744 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,264 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #2  
    822. Bigger battery than the 820.
  3. Bspain's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    18 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #3  
    doesnt the 822 have more memory onboard as well? Just all round better specs on the 822 I believe.
  4. Isror's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    138 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #4  
    The 822 has a larger battery (1800mAh compared to 1650mAh), more memory (16Gb onboard vs 8Gb), better forward facing camera (1280x960 vs 640x480)...All around Verizon really did a service to its customers by improving some specs on the device to outsell the other carriers (IMO).
  5. metalchick719's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    2,354 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,672 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by ssapre View Post
    I am planning to go for either of 810..820 .. or 822 later today. So far am on 710 and getting pretty good reviews of 810 and 820. any recommendations if 810 or 820 is better?
    If you're with a GSM network like AT&T or T-Mobile, you only have the ability to use the 820 or 810. I assume you're on T-Mobile if you have a 710? If that's the case, I definitely recommend the 810 to you. You won't regret it. :)

    However, if you're moving to Verizon, you certainly can't go wrong with the 822.
    ssapre likes this.
  6. Daniel Ratcliffe's Avatar
    Retired Moderator

    Posts
    3,046 Posts
    Global Posts
    4,703 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #6  
    The 820 is the worst of the bunch and is the one for AT&T. You Americans are actually lucky in this regard, as over in the UK we can either go to EE for the 920 (36/mth for 500MB 4G data, really?), or you can be stuck with the 820...

    Anyways, to answer your question, I personally would say pick a carrier then pick your device. So, if you want Verizon service then get the 822, but if you're happy with T-Mobile's service get the 810.
  7. metalchick719's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    2,354 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,672 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by Paladinleeds View Post
    The 820 is the worst of the bunch and is the one for AT&T. You Americans are actually lucky in this regard, as over in the UK we can either go to EE for the 920 (36/mth for 500MB 4G data, really?), or you can be stuck with the 820...

    Anyways, to answer your question, I personally would say pick a carrier then pick your device. So, if you want Verizon service then get the 822, but if you're happy with T-Mobile's service get the 810.
    You think that 500MB of data is bad? Well, okay, I'm unsure about the money conversion rates, but when I went into a T-Mobile store last week wanting to buy the 810, the customer service rep was trying to con me into buying 5GB of data for $35 a month! (I currently have 200MB for $15). I walked right out of there!
  8. jordanjs's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    10 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #8  
    Hey, I'm new to this section of the forum, having initially been interested in the L920. I thought I was sold on the 920, but then I demo'd it in the at&t store and it felt was just a tad too big. Then I saw the 820. Wow- perfect size, plus the SD card slot just seals the deal for me. Now I am noticing that my own carrier has the 810 - durr. The only issue is I pay month-to-month, so I would need to pay full price- ugh. Debating whether I should just buy the cheaper at&t 820 and wait for an unlock.
  9. tehtog's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    14 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by jordanjs View Post
    Hey, I'm new to this section of the forum, having initially been interested in the L920. I thought I was sold on the 920, but then I demo'd it in the at&t store and it felt was just a tad too big. Then I saw the 820. Wow- perfect size, plus the SD card slot just seals the deal for me. Now I am noticing that my own carrier has the 810 - durr. The only issue is I pay month-to-month, so I would need to pay full price- ugh. Debating whether I should just buy the cheaper at&t 820 and wait for an unlock.
    I have a number of reservations regarding the 820s screen and the lack of Gorilla glass as well as the ability of the screen to resist impact damage. I would own an 820 right now if Gorilla glass was included.
    If you're in the US (and i assume you are) I'd seriously consider the 810 or 822 if you want to switch carriers.
  10. Daniel Ratcliffe's Avatar
    Retired Moderator

    Posts
    3,046 Posts
    Global Posts
    4,703 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by metalchick719 View Post
    You think that 500MB of data is bad? Well, okay, I'm unsure about the money conversion rates, but when I went into a T-Mobile store last week wanting to buy the 810, the customer service rep was trying to con me into buying 5GB of data for $35 a month! (I currently have 200MB for $15). I walked right out of there!
    That actually is about 25 in UK terms. 5GB data for 25/mth, not bad.

    EDIT: Just Binged it, it's 21.82
  11. jordanjs's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    10 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by tehtog View Post
    I have a number of reservations regarding the 820s screen and the lack of Gorilla glass as well as the ability of the screen to resist impact damage. I would own an 820 right now if Gorilla glass was included.
    If you're in the US (and i assume you are) I'd seriously consider the 810 or 822 if you want to switch carriers.
    Yeah, the thing with me is I am extremely short-sighted. I would just get a screen protector for the 820 or something.

    I'm a T-Mobile prepay customer, and I plan to stay that way. The thing is, the 810 is $100 more at the Microsoft store than the 820. Is it worth it to me? Not really. I hardly ever do video chat, and besides, the 820 has readily available back covers in red. I need my phone in red, man! (lol)
  12. tehtog's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    14 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #12  
    A screen protector protects from scratches, not impact. If it takes a knock you could be stuck with a smashed 820 screen.
  13. Daniel Ratcliffe's Avatar
    Retired Moderator

    Posts
    3,046 Posts
    Global Posts
    4,703 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by tehtog View Post
    A screen protector protects from scratches, not impact. If it takes a knock you could be stuck with a smashed 820 screen.
    That is also what Gorilla Glass does. It protects from scratches but not impact. I bet I could smash a Nokia Lumia 920 screen just as easily as an iPhone screen. (I am extremely heavy handed and have already rendered one HTC titan useless)
  14. ricardios's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    58 Posts
    Global Posts
    60 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #14  
    820 if you want the most color choices for removable back covers.
    822 if you want the most internal memory (16gb)
    810 if you prefer its industrial design and ad-free zynga games.
  15. steve_w_7's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    314 Posts
    Global Posts
    343 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by ricardios View Post
    820 if you want the most color choices for removable back covers.
    822 if you want the most internal memory (16gb)
    810 if you prefer its industrial design and ad-free zynga games.
    The Zynga games are total crap on WP8. Buggy, slow and the worst part about it is they look like iOS apps. Complete FAIL.

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-24-2012, 02:21 AM
  2. Lumia 810 or 820 or 822 ???
    By ssapre in forum Nokia Lumia 810
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 11-20-2012, 06:49 PM
  3. AT&T Lumia 920 camera 8MP or 8.7MP?
    By diesel_fan in forum Nokia Lumia 920
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-17-2012, 11:35 PM
  4. 920 or 820
    By bensun6 in forum Windows Phone 8
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 09-06-2012, 01:55 PM
  5. Neither the 920 or 820 support T-mobile's network?
    By vp710 in forum Windows Phone 8
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 09-06-2012, 01:43 PM

Posting Permissions

";