viber HD not available on Lumia 820/920??

Pratheesh Arridhas

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
anyone else having issues trying to install Viber HD for Lumia 820/920??
Viber messenger can be installed with no worries, but im just surprised that viber hd (with voice) is having issues as such....compatibility problems? :(

Viber

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
Hi,

This is a member of the Viber R&D Team!
At this point Viber calls are not available for WP8, but don't worry - we do plan to support WP8 - We have already started to work on it. :)

Please feel free to let us know your thoughts, questions and comments, we'd be happy to assist.
Thanks,
Viber

Hazim Abujbara

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
We desperately need voice support for windows phone 8 (Lumia 920)
Is there any news or date set for a beta release? It is strange that the app is available for the Lumia 900 and not the 920. The resolution changes shouldn't take this long to change. We are waiting for at least some news to give us hope for near future support.
Thank you

Narr

Jul 2, 2011
Visit site
It's not just Viber, there are so many apps that were promised/expected and weren't delivered, Whatsapp, Counters, Beta version of Drive and beta versions of the sync tool from Microsoft. It's not a promising start.

Mario Denis Mendez

Jan 15, 2013
Visit site
If I would have Known calls were not available for the 920 I would have never bought this phone!! I used viber everyday, and since viber is a microsoft app I did not imagine it would be so limited on the MICROSOFT os. And then when I actually think that finally there was an update from reading the blogs, i was surprised to learn the update is only available for older phones! Are u Kidding Me????? That is the stupidest thing I've ever heard. The hardware is great, beautiful even, but windows Phone 8 Sucks big time and does not hold it's own against it's two major competitors, and that is not taking into account that the windows store and it's very limited apps are useless. Taking this into account the phone is basically trash to me. Thanks Nokia, last time I buy anything nokia or windows os related. Should've bought an iphone 5. Anyways, Do you have an estimated time frame for the release of viber hd for the lumia 920, or should we keep waiting like the suckers you think we are??

tissotti

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
If I would have Known calls were not available for the 920 I would have never bought this phone!! I used viber everyday, and since viber is a microsoft app I did not imagine it would be so limited on the MICROSOFT os. And then when I actually think that finally there was an update from reading the blogs, i was surprised to learn the update is only available for older phones! Are u Kidding Me????? That is the stupidest thing I've ever heard. The hardware is great, beautiful even, but windows Phone 8 Sucks big time and does not hold it's own against it's two major competitors, and that is not taking into account that the windows store and it's very limited apps are useless. Taking this into account the phone is basically trash to me. Thanks Nokia, last time I buy anything nokia or windows os related. Should've bought an iphone 5. Anyways, Do you have an estimated time frame for the release of viber hd for the lumia 920, or should we keep waiting like the suckers you think we are??

Huh why the hate with Nokia? At least they are working their ass off at bringing apps to the platform and that's not even their job as OEM. It's not like you would complain Samsung if some app was missing from Android.

I will say that MS really is walking a thin line. I wanna see same kind of commitment from them like Nokia.

rockstarzzz

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site

"Viber is a microsoft app" - yeah, you should have got an iPhone 5. Suits you.

Mario M D

Feb 6, 2013
Visit site
Ok so viber is not a windows app... Whatever. I'm still right about everything else. What's the point of having a beautiful device if every other platform is blowing windows out of the water app-wise? For gods sake we're even missing basic apps like Pandora. I don't know about you but I bought the Lumia 920 to be in the cutting edge of cell phone technology, not to be waiting around for basic apps and upgrades to come out, not to be using my older phones in order to use Pandora, viber, instagram, my medical apps (vademeacum), and basically all worth while cell phone games. In my opinion the Lumia 920 is a beautiful device (I have the red one) but its incredibly buggy and the store is ages behind its competitors. That's all I'm trying to say. I'm not an apple\android fan-boy or anything like that, but I do expect my new devices to be more productive than my older ones, and definitely the Lumia 920 was a big let down. Yeah my videos are a little less shaky, and some day when att decides to send me my pad charger I will be able to charge wirelessly, but I still have to walk around with either my iPhone 4 or my LG nitro HD in order to use many apps. I hope they are "busting their ass" in order to bring more apps because we deserve it. I don't even show off my Lumia anymore, its just embarrassing. Maybe an estimated time frame for apps and upgrades would help, but for now I am not at all happy with this tech. And this is my opinion. If ya'll like wp8 great.

DimiSt

Feb 9, 2013
Visit site
Thank you but we are talking about the Lumia 920 - therefore WP8. That linky ou posted is for WP7 and not working on the Lumia 920 / WP8.

-----------

This is really a very long wait for Viber on the Lumia 920 /WP8. Any good news ?

Anybody ?

Danish Iftikhar

Feb 17, 2013
Visit site
hi i use NL 920 and viber is not avaiable on the marketplace! its one of the most essential apps that a user download i cant beleive that its not available so please launch it as soon as possible :(

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)