Lumia 820 screen problems

cpab

Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
I noticed two areas where this was happening on the screen of my 820. One at the top and one upper mid left side.
I took the back off and warmed the screen up with a hair dryer for a couple of minutes, not too hot.
I then replaced the back and left it for a while and the marks are gone. Hope this helps

cpab

Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
Forget my brilliant tip. The problem has returned in exactly the same places. I suspect there is some delamination going on with the underside of the screen.

robert peake

Jan 28, 2013
Visit site
wow, my phone has identical mark si had to double take as i thought it was my phone. i bought mine from very.co.uk and i dont know whether to send it to them or to maybe a nokia centre

mhmdzamir

Apr 9, 2013
Visit site
new user from malaysia here...sadly i had same issue with my phone...a long streak on left side of the screen...it wont go away...i wonder if it will not be visible if i put on a screen protector...anyone can respond???

infinidim

Jul 16, 2012
Visit site
I have got spots on my Lumia 820 screen, this is getting worser! It looks like condensation behind the glass.
Anyone else got this problem?

Got the same issue here. It just started a couple of weeks ago and is getting worse. Tried cleaning the screen - it goes away but once you put your finger on the area where it was it comes back ( think this is from the natural oil that your skin has on it). Anybody had it replace via Nokia yet?

Rick Crew

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Took my 820 which has been showing these marks to the Nokia care Point in Glasgow this morning and they replaced the screen there and then no quibbles. Another tick in the box for Nokia's excellent customer service.

AndyCalling

Apr 15, 2013
Visit site
I had this issue. Not as bad as some, but bad enough. I got mine in Feb 2013. Upon visiting family recently I took the opportunity to visit the Nokia Care Point in Preston UK and they replaced the screen under warranty. Perfect job. Excellent care. This is not a common prob (first the chap had heard about it) but after my initial call to ensure he had the part in stock he researched my prob. This seems to have been a short term manufacturing issue now resolved. He did the repair in an hour and I have every confidence it won't come back. Fantastic support from Nokia. Sometimes things go wrong, I accept that. It's the quality of the response that counts and Nokia are excellent in that regard.

bigstevenc

Jun 10, 2013
Visit site
I have got spots on my Lumia 820 screen, this is getting worser! It looks like condensation behind the glass.
Anyone else got this problem?

View attachment 23766

Hi

I also have these spots on my 820. As I am about 80 miles from a Nokia care point I tried a screen protector as recommended on a Nokia forum on this subject. All works fine and spots gone. The protectors i used were samrick brand from amazon. Hope this helps someone.

Update...

Having said the above I will be near the Nokia care point on Thursday with work so am planning to call and get the screen replaced under warranty.

Last edited:

Reviva Tzur

Jul 5, 2013
Visit site
I have the same problem with Lumia 820. Bought in Israel day after purchase saw it and went back to the dealer and they gave me a new phone immediately. Unfortunately with my second one I am having the same problem.

Gabriel Holmes

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
I also have a screen problem with my Nokia lumia 820. Woke up the other morning with a dot in right hand corner that spread through my phone like a disease . It was blue and black . Left it in for repair , hope they don't come back and say I let it fall which I didn't as I cant afford repairs .. This seems like a common problem ..

mpt15

Apr 5, 2013
Visit site
sir i got a problem in my lumia 820 screen. its screen become white. i restart my phone so many time and it still white. please help me...

have you changed your background or is the screen completely white?
To change background, go to Settings > theme > change the background to 'dark'

Last edited:

fizsyed

Dec 31, 2013
Visit site
I had same problem, My Lumia 820 started with a faint shadow of blue on the right hand side & morning completely goes in black.I submit my phone at their Service center and they told me that they have send my Lumia 820 in factory for repair.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes