Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By iamtim

Global Posts
    4 Global Posts
    I upgraded 3 lines in t-mobile last week. Then this morning i got a call from t-mobile today telling me that Nokia had to recall all the lumia 820's as there is something wrong with them. To make up to their customers, t-mobile are giving people who pre-ordered the 820 lumia 920's free of charge on the same price plan they agreed. Anybody else experience this?

Global Posts
    1,603 Global Posts
    No, wow, that's crazy. Gads, I hope that doesn't happen here in the US... I love my 820 and I started out with a 920.
    charlyee likes this.

Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    Probably the same issue I had with my phone and its proxy sensor. The phone is flawed, I went through 2 in 2 weeks, both with the same issues.

Won't be surpised if this happens worldwide.
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    9,255 Global Posts
    We've heard nothing about it.
    Check out the great deals on Windows Phone Accessories: http://store.wpcentral.com

Global Posts
    3,322 Global Posts
    What is the reason for the recall?

I had a call from TMobile on Monday and was offered the free upgrade to a 920, same plan I had been offered for the 820 and no charge for the phone, at the time I was told it was because I had been waiting too long for my upgrade (pre-ordered on 3rd November) then yesterday when I spoke to another TMobile rep I was told Nokia were recalling the 820's and the 920's because of a fault and they could no longer accept orders for either phone, however today when I spoke to them I was told that the information I was given yesterday was incorrect, so I now take anything TMobile tell me with a very large pinch of salt!!!

Global Posts
    4 Global Posts
    All they said was that "there was something wrong with the phones". Not sure of the exact problem.

Im on my third 820, i bought this sim free from phones 4u so i would be interested to see what the problem is. Or is it just a tmobile problem. I would suspect its not firmware or you would just push an update wouldn't you?