Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Muessig View Post
    As far as I know this is completely and utterly wrong.
    Could you specify what exactly is wrong?
    I got my info form here: source

Global Posts
    4,198 Global Posts
    PIN
    Private Message
    Quote Originally Posted by Morq View Post
    Could you specify what exactly is wrong?
    I got my info form here: source
    Sorry I completely misread your comment. I thought you were saying all apps in WP8 aren't suspended in memory when you press the start button but keep running. I didn't realise you were talking about apps that were allowed to run in the background like skype or Nokia Drive. My apologies.

Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
    No worries I figured out it could be missread :)

Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    in my case the battery life depends on whether im in a good mobile area reception or not. in my office its a 1-2 bar signal and burns battery fast (did this with my old iphone 4s as well), but at home where i get 5 bars i can get 2 days out of it over the weekend. also noticed that whatsapp (yes i know its meant for wp7 but i need it) burns battery.

Have my 820 for 2 weeks now. Was in country vic this past week and while I was there there was very poor cell coverage (about 1 bar if I was lucky) the battery didn't last 1 whole day. Looking at the battery settings it was 100% and indicating 8 hours estimated time remaining. When I got back home charged the battery that night , before I went to bed took it off charge and the next morning it showed 84% and 2 days and 4 hours estimated time remaining.
    Hope nokia knows about this issue and put out a fix for it

Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
    Is that an issue? The estimated time remaining is approximation of battery life left versus avg battery usage over some given time. It cannot predict the future, just tries to guess how long it will last.

The 8 hours estimated on 100% battery was pretty accurate as overnight the battery had drained. Getting back to civilisation he battery is now lasting for more than a day. So I think there is an issue with the software

You may be right about the software issue. I used to have a Nokia N95 8GB and its signal level at my home was always 5 bars, but my new Lumia 820 only shows 2 or 3 bars and if I leave it overnight the battery sometimes drains by around 25%.

Something that I have noticed when installing apps is that a majority of them will not install unless you allow the app to access location data. Until now I have had location data turned on but I am going to trial the battery life with it turned off. I am also trying to minimise the number of apps that use or need a data connection. Every little bit helps, and turning on the battery saver helps when the battery is low too.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12