Why are Nokia Apps/Updates Unavailable?

sdoca

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Hi,

I bought a Lumia 820 from Unlocked Mobiles.com | Sim Free Mobile Phones for use in Canada on the Rogers network. I can't install Creative Studio and get the generic message that software may need to be updated, the app is exclusive to a different provider or just not available in my region/country. How do I find out which reason is the correct one?

Although Rogers doesn't sell the Lumia 820, it does sell the 920 so I'm guessing it's not due to provider exclusivity, but I could be wrong.

Also, when I open Nokia Music, there's a message that states "1 update available", but I get the same message about it not being available. If I have the app, why can't I update it?

This is very frustrating...

Corepc

Mar 11, 2012
Visit site
Do you have Wifi if so then try pulling the sim card out and installing Nokia Apps that way does it make a difference.

Corepc

Mar 11, 2012
Visit site
Seems to be problem with Nokia Collection / Apps not showing up correctly based on region selection on your phone. 920 users are having same type of problems with certain nokia apps..See this thread

sdoca

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the wifi tip above. I tried it and ufortunately, it didn't work. I also looked at the thread you posted. Although they may be related, I think it's a different issue. My region/language are all set to English/Canada and I can't see that causing regional issues. I don't have "Nokia Collections" in my apps list. Maybe I should have?

I tried to install Creative Studio by choosing App Highlights - Collections - Nokia Exclusives.

deuxani

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
Can you try to set your phone language to English US and setting your regional settings to US. That might be the solution as English/Canada might be seen is a different language and region combination.

HemiL920

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
~ just thought I'd relay my experience tonight setting up Nokia Music on what is my first Windows Phone.

With my stock, locked, Rogers Nokia 920, I followed deuxani and Corepc's instructions, rebooted my phone, and Nokia Music was then a download option in App Market Place. Good stuff. Upon launching Nokia Music, however, the free streaming music service wasn't a menu option. No joy. Only my local music library collection was present. Arrrr.....

Thinking about the licensing issue, I had a hunch. So, I shut down my phone; logged into the brand new .Live account I created when I initially setup my phone (which serves as my primary account for the phone) and changed my location address from Canada to United States; logged out of .Live account; and, powered up my phone. Then when I launched Nokia Music, woo - hoo, Nokia streaming service was now available.

Not sure what impact, if any, adding a credit card -- in my case, a Canadian credit card -- to the account might have on the phone's location/licensing awareness. For now, I'm gonna keep the current configuration and see what's now available in the Market Place while I dig into configuring and exploring the phone's Nokia and WP8 services.

~hope this work around also does the trick for my fellow canucks

pjchou

Dec 16, 2012
Visit site
hi there hemi,

With my stock, locked, Rogers Nokia 920, I followed deuxani and Corepc's instructions, rebooted my phone, and Nokia Music was then a download option in App Market Place. Good stuff. Upon launching Nokia Music, however, the free streaming music service wasn't a menu option. No joy. Only my local music library collection was present. Arrrr.....
could you please insert the deuxani and Corepc's instructions please!!!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos