Hi,

I bought a Lumia 820 from Unlocked Mobiles.com | Sim Free Mobile Phones for use in Canada on the Rogers network. I can't install Creative Studio and get the generic message that software may need to be updated, the app is exclusive to a different provider or just not available in my region/country. How do I find out which reason is the correct one?

Although Rogers doesn't sell the Lumia 820, it does sell the 920 so I'm guessing it's not due to provider exclusivity, but I could be wrong.

Also, when I open Nokia Music, there's a message that states "1 update available", but I get the same message about it not being available. If I have the app, why can't I update it?

This is very frustrating...
    12-03-2012 07:59 PM
    Do you have Wifi if so then try pulling the sim card out and installing Nokia Apps that way does it make a difference.
    12-03-2012 08:30 PM
    Seems to be problem with Nokia Collection / Apps not showing up correctly based on region selection on your phone. 920 users are having same type of problems with certain nokia apps..See this thread
    12-04-2012 07:39 AM
    Thanks for the wifi tip above. I tried it and ufortunately, it didn't work. I also looked at the thread you posted. Although they may be related, I think it's a different issue. My region/language are all set to English/Canada and I can't see that causing regional issues. I don't have "Nokia Collections" in my apps list. Maybe I should have?

I tried to install Creative Studio by choosing App Highlights - Collections - Nokia Exclusives.
    12-04-2012 04:15 PM
    Can you try to set your phone language to English US and setting your regional settings to US. That might be the solution as English/Canada might be seen is a different language and region combination.
    12-05-2012 05:49 AM
    ~ just thought I'd relay my experience tonight setting up Nokia Music on what is my first Windows Phone.

With my stock, locked, Rogers Nokia 920, I followed deuxani and Corepc's instructions, rebooted my phone, and Nokia Music was then a download option in App Market Place. Good stuff. Upon launching Nokia Music, however, the free streaming music service wasn't a menu option. No joy. Only my local music library collection was present. Arrrr.....

Thinking about the licensing issue, I had a hunch. So, I shut down my phone; logged into the brand new .Live account I created when I initially setup my phone (which serves as my primary account for the phone) and changed my location address from Canada to United States; logged out of .Live account; and, powered up my phone. Then when I launched Nokia Music, woo - hoo, Nokia streaming service was now available.

Not sure what impact, if any, adding a credit card -- in my case, a Canadian credit card -- to the account might have on the phone's location/licensing awareness. For now, I'm gonna keep the current configuration and see what's now available in the Market Place while I dig into configuring and exploring the phone's Nokia and WP8 services.

~hope this work around also does the trick for my fellow canucks
    12-05-2012 10:36 PM
    hi there hemi,

With my stock, locked, Rogers Nokia 920, I followed deuxani and Corepc's instructions, rebooted my phone, and Nokia Music was then a download option in App Market Place. Good stuff. Upon launching Nokia Music, however, the free streaming music service wasn't a menu option. No joy. Only my local music library collection was present. Arrrr.....
    could you please insert the deuxani and Corepc's instructions please!!!
    12-16-2012 07:52 AM