Power button becoming recessed!

barne19801

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
Im on my third 820, had this for nearly two weeks now and everything seems ok accept the power button is starting to become more flush with the case. Its getting hard to feel now, volume and camera are fine. I have taken the case off and looked but there seems to be no fault on the phone or the shell. Has anyone else had this problem?

Sam Sabri

Oct 12, 2010
Visit site
That's a bummer. Could just be specific to your phone though, I've had my 920 since October 30th and it's been great. All the buttons are in the same position as the day I got it. If yours has moved enough that you notice it, maybe take it back to ATT and see if they can get you a replacement phone. These 920's are built great and it just sounds specific to your phone. Is anyone else noticing their buttons recessing?

barne19801

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
Im in the uk, this is my third i doubt they would swap another and this seems a good phone, doesn't have the faults the last two had, its just these buttons. Or rather button. I wouldn't mind if i could just get a new shell but they are not available a month after launch.

dm984

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
My 822 is doing the same, and there is a thread about this on the 822 forum too.

I like it better than the hard edges of the volume and camera buttons but I definitely don't want it to start becoming sub flush to the case. The hard protruding edges were the first things I noticed about the phone when I unboxed it, it just seemed really cheap. I don't use the volume or camera buttons as much so I'm curious in a month or so if those buttons will start to sink in also. Maybe not, though, I think they may have different constructions... camera button makes a different sound when its depressed and the volume may be different too since its a rocker style button.

barne19801

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
Ahh cool thanks for the info, i started to think maybe it was on purpose so you could differentiate between the button just by feel, started to think it was a hardware revision. At this point its about half a mil or so poking out which is enough to feel it most of the time. I was more concerned that it would dip in at some point. Im just waiting for the shells to become available, i personally think its the shell at fault, if you can call it a fault.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon