- 12-10-2012, 12:41 AM #1
Is Lumia 820 a clone of Lumia 900? Both have
1) Same screen size (4.3 inch AMOLED)
2) Same Camera (8 MP, AF, Carl Zeasis Optics)
3) Same Resolution (480 X 800)
With exception of CPU, RAM and OS
- 12-10-2012, 01:24 AM #2
- 12-10-2012, 03:35 AM #3
Yes the Unibody design of Lumia 900 is different. But if we see the
1) Screen: Both have the same screen (4.3 inch AMOLED, having a resolution of 480 X 800)
2) Camera: Both devices uses the same camera (8MP, Carl Zesis Optics with Auto Focus) Although Wndows .7.5 doesn't support 1080 P
So my question is did Lumia 820 BORROWED 50% of parts from Lumia 900? The camera shots of both the devices must be similar
- 12-10-2012, 04:06 AM #6
Thinking it got totally different SoC you get naturally different RAM, CPU, audio quality, support for MicroSD. Then it also runs on a OS that can not be updated to Lumia 900. Then there's the design that's totally different and wireless charging possibility.
Even if it had the exact same screen and camera, i wouldn't exactly call that a copy. :D I mean many of the high end Android's from different manufacturers are more of a copy of each others.
- 12-10-2012, 04:15 AM #7
Screen is not the same as it is super sensitive in Lumia 820. So basically only camera module could be the same but who knows, is it really.
All in all, they share almost nothing so not so good cloning I would say.
12-10-2012, 07:22 AM #11
- 15 Posts
- 0 Post(s)
- 0 Thread(s)
I think Lumia 820 has a lot of similarities with Galaxy S II
Screen = both have 4,3 inch AMOLED RGB matrix with same resolution 800x480
Processor = both have dual core chip (but different brand and different generation)
RAM = both have 1gb
Battery = both have 1650mAh
Rear camera = both have 8mp
the differences are GPU, internal storage, front facing camera and the OS itself
- 12-10-2012, 07:57 AM #12
this comparision chart?? If I am not wrong Super Sensitive display is something that you can use with gloves?
- 12-10-2012, 08:40 AM #13
Only the Rear Camera on the 820 is a clone of 900. Rest of Phone is not, Dual Core, Different Body, Removable Shells, SD Card, Speaker Placement, etc..
Rear Camera are pretty much the same when is come down to specs so yes, Same Aperture, Same Resolution,
Only difference Camera specs wise is 820 has 4x Zoom, 900 has 3x Zoom.
And The Front Facing Camera on 900 is much better than 820.
- 12-10-2012, 08:49 AM #14
You can go for example to Nokia web site and look for yourself Nokia Lumia 820 Specifications - Nokia - UK Look under design and there display and second lowest feature
edit. Here is one youtube about this
- By RiseAgainst94 in forum Nokia Lumia 900Replies: 11Last Post: 09-12-2013, 12:43 AM
- By lumia_steve in forum Nokia Lumia 900Replies: 3Last Post: 04-20-2012, 11:22 PM
- By hulkkii in forum Nokia Lumia 900Replies: 0Last Post: 04-13-2012, 03:41 AM
- By saintforlife in forum Nokia Lumia 800Replies: 7Last Post: 04-09-2012, 05:06 PM
- By bobsentell in forum Nokia Lumia 900Replies: 2Last Post: 04-04-2012, 10:11 AM