My Issues with Nokia Lumia 820...

Omar Zak

Mar 16, 2013
Visit site
well ... i got my 820 2 weeks ago.

i dont know if im lucky or is it you guys who have bad luck.

my phone did not restart or turned off since i got it ... "except maybe after the first update and the change of region, i did the restart my self"
heat? yea sometimes ... but nothing abnormal ... all smart phones got some heat every now and then
battery ... not as much as i thought .. but its getting better each day because of good training "Full to empty"

i must admit that some apps are still needed .. such as file manager and data counters ... but it does not affect my satisfaction at all
one of my best purchases so far

Morq

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
My Lumia820 is pretty solid phone, I have had not a single issue yet. Only thing that bothers me are the screwups in windowsphone OS, and lack of greater view of MS when creating the OS.

peacefulberry

Feb 4, 2013
Visit site
2. Just press the Windows (middle, bottom of screen) button. That closes the app and returns you to the start screen. I too would like a close app button, but it would do the same thing as the Windows button.:

If you press the windows button, you will actually just be taken back to the start screen. This will not close the app. If you press and hold the back button you will find the apps that are currently open. You will have to back button it until it closes, which I hate! :( The only other exception is closing the tabs from IE explorer's menu button and in the google app and a few of the Web Apps you can press the home button at the bottom of the app and then the back button for the app to close. For the most part though, its back button until it completely closes. The Windows button only returns to the start screen, but does not completely close the app.

chandu1382

Apr 1, 2013
Visit site
Hi all,
i bought my 820 last week. having a great time with it. the problems i find are very basic:
1. long press numbers on dial pad for speed dial.
2. data counter
3. not able to select my mp3 songs as ringtones
though there are apps to do the job i think these are pretty basic things which u'd expect from a "smart" phone.

even i faced unusual battery drains. now i don't face it anymore.
after playing an game, make sure u quit it properly. it wnt show wen u long press the back button but still it is safe to quit properly.
gps obviously consumes a lotta battery. it's same for all phones across all platforms.
uninstall skype. dunno if it's a coincidence or not but it did work.
now my battery is giving amazing backup.
i just cant stop loving the phone.

Vineeth V1

Apr 4, 2013
Visit site
Hi,

I am from India, I have a bunch of doubt on my new lumia 820.

1. Can we download Songs and videos and save it in SD card or Phone. If so please let me know.
2. Is Nokia Music service avilable in India?
3. How to transfer Contacts which i have in my old phone (5800 Xpressmusic) SD card to mu lumia 820.?

Please someone help me by clarifying my doubts...

Thanks
Vineeth.V

wolfgang keth

Feb 24, 2013
Visit site
1. No
2 Yes , u can download song , 1 year free subscription
3. Save all the contacts on your old phone , open transfer my data in lumia switch on the Bluetooth, your job will be done

tnkiran

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
Solution for closing Webpage (pop-up page) on Lumia 820

Problem - there is no close button for unwanted webpage

Here is a solution to close spam or the pop webpage which normally do not close when you press back button or window button

Go to Setting (... button) > click on "Tabs" > you get the close button

It helped me.. It should help you.

Kiran

silverarow

Jun 23, 2013
Visit site
I honestly wish windows would do something about the "other memory" I cannot install some games even though my total free memory is more than the size of the game. Its really frustrating.

Edwardlb20

Aug 19, 2013
Visit site
there are three great file managing apps

1. PDF Reader (Microsoft Corporation)
2. Adobe Reader (Adobe Systems Incorporated)
3. Office (Comes installed with the Lumia 820)

dipankar_mitra

Jun 24, 2013
Visit site
Hi,

1. Can we download Songs and videos and save it in SD card or Phone. If so please let me know.
2. Is Nokia Music service avilable in India?
3. How to transfer Contacts which i have in my old phone (5800 Xpressmusic) SD card to mu lumia 820.?
1) Yes, you can download songs & videos to the SD card. I usually just connect the phone via the USB cable to my laptop and copy what I want to the SD card (the phone shows up in explorer, with a "Phone" and "SD Card" drive/partition).
2) Absolutely. Nokia music is available, and you get free subscription (download all you want for 1 year). BUT, good luck using the service... it's reasonably buggy. Search this forum for problems.
3) Although I did not use it, there is a app called "Transfer my Data" to transfer old contacts via BT. It should work just fine. Just ask the dealer/salesman to show you how to use the app.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quicktravo