Dropped my Nokia 820. Big Crack across screen. Send back to network provider or Nokia?

DaveWP

Dec 13, 2012
Visit site
So I was using my phone the other day with gloves when i dropped my phone. It was at this point I realised that it is actually a curse to be able to use gloves - gloves dont have as much grip as your fingers!

Anyway, a drop from 3/4 feet has resulted in a cracked screen, an usable phone, and a very unhappy customer. My question is, does anyone have any experience of charges for such things? My options are to either send it to Nokia and get a quote, or send it to Tesco (my network provider) for a quote. Just wondered if anyone had experience of one being more expensive than the other?

Cheers!

ToMTOm775

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Hi - see my post on another thread called 820 screen fail.. I've just had a quote back from tesco mobile to fix the screen for ?51...

DaveWP

Dec 13, 2012
Visit site
Unfortunately you can only take insurance out with Tesco at the time you purchase the phone. Really wish I had.

Cheers for the info Tom, I rang Nokia care for a quote - they said they couldnt give me an accurate quote because they didn't have the replacement screens in stock yet, but said it would roughly cost between ?150-200! Outrageous.

I will send back to Tesco and hope they repair for the same cost as yours!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3