Sent text messages keep failing

anon(5327037)

May 21, 2011
Visit site
Maybe someone can offer some advice. I bought the 820 from AT&T and was off to the races. It worked great for a few weeks then I dropped it and scratched the screen. I decided to use my mobile insurance to replace it so I made a claim. The next day I received a new 820 and shipped back my old one. I restored it via the OTA backup/restore option in WP8. It seemed to work ok, but the next day at work I kept having my text messages fail (not send). Following the advice of the Nokia website, I:

• Shut it down
  • Removed battery
  • Removed Sim
  • Put battery back
  • Booted it (without sim)
  • Shut it down
  • Removed battery
  • Inserted Sim
  • Booted it

My issues ceased for the rest of the day. The following workday it started happening again. ARGH! I could blame it on the location I work at, but I didn't have this issue AT ALL with the first 820. I'm probably going to contact AT&T soon but I'm guessing they're going to suggest a factory restore. UGH!

WPenvy

Jun 5, 2012
Visit site
Maybe someone can offer some advice. I bought the 820 from AT&T and was off to the races. It worked great for a few weeks then I dropped it and scratched the screen. I decided to use my mobile insurance to replace it so I made a claim. The next day I received a new 820 and shipped back my old one. I restored it via the OTA backup/restore option in WP8. It seemed to work ok, but the next day at work I kept having my text messages fail (not send). Following the advice of the Nokia website, I:

• Shut it down
  • Removed battery
  • Removed Sim
  • Put battery back
  • Booted it (without sim)
  • Shut it down
  • Removed battery
  • Inserted Sim
  • Booted it

My issues ceased for the rest of the day. The following workday it started happening again. ARGH! I could blame it on the location I work at, but I didn't have this issue AT ALL with the first 820. I'm probably going to contact AT&T soon but I'm guessing they're going to suggest a factory restore. UGH!

You didn't have any problems activating it right?

Etyrnus

Dec 29, 2011
Visit site
Pic text, or regular? Because the only time I get that message is either no signal or I'm trying to send a pic text when only connected to WiFi.

Corepc

Mar 11, 2012
Visit site
Did you try the sim in another phone to make sure that is was not the sim itself..?

did you check your apn and mmsc settings under cellular ?

anon(5327037)

May 21, 2011
Visit site
Well I received my new 820 from insurance (yes new not refurb), I get it all updated and loaded, am feeling like the issue is behind me, put it on the charger and what do you know....I wake up this morning with no service at all! Rebooting brought it back. This is bogus man, I don't want to play the swap game over and over but I'm well past my 14-day return period. I'm thinking about contacting Nokia, not sure there are any other options.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
infohills