Portico Update appearing on Nokia Care Suite

adamski777

Dec 12, 2012
Visit site
Just for "fun" i installed nokia care suite and ran it against my unbranded unlocked lumia 820 that i bought in the uk. first interesting thing was it said the software status was out of date, and using the firmware download under tools it has picked up the update and downloaded it (1.3GB). However, to install the update it has to be done as a recovery so need to just take screen shots etc of the start screen and copy off my photos before pressing the magic button. has anyone else done this, and if so was it successful? Untitled.pngCapture.PNGCapture.PNGCONFIG]25175[/ATTACH]

Attachments

• Untitled2.png
    Untitled2.png
    19.1 KB · Views: 422

Luiskp

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
The Firmware that is appearing to you isnt Portico update.

Portico is given on Firmware version 1232.5921...(or something similar)

Edit: BTW we have the same product code ;) and waiting for Portico appear on Navifirm. (different from the one BE Proximus)

Last edited:

adamski777

Dec 12, 2012
Visit site
Sadly you guys are right, guess we are going to just have to sit tight... On a happier note I finally got my free wireless charger today. Also, i noticed people have been talking about the "other" storage that keeps growing. well, i flashed the phone anyway with the update as it couldnt do any harm, and when i put back my sd card with about 30 gb of music, videos and photos the sd card was indexed, and as it indexed it the "other" portion grew, although not that much (couple hundred meg). and yes it was indexing as initially got the its lonely in here message from music+video hub, and then if i kept going in and out then things started appearing. after about 30 mins the indexing was done - was slower for photos than for music and vids.

Carl Joseph

Dec 15, 2012
Visit site
I've just flashed my 820 to the Belgian Portico update... not waiting till February!!!
Everything is working fine so far.
I got my handset Sim free from Carphone Warehouse UK, product code 059R096. Flashed with 059R5X0 (1232.5951.1249.1002 firmware)
I'm on O2.
Can send screenshots if needed.

Carl Joseph

Dec 15, 2012
Visit site
To be honest, I'm not too sure but only because i'm using Whatsapp which is a battery hog and I have a lot of live tiles updating. However in saying that, it lasts a little longer than it did, maybe say 10-20% longer but don't quote me on that.
The OS is smoother than it was but it seems to me as if some transition effects aren't quite as fluid as they used to be (Settings).
Other than that no issues. Plus the Wi-Fi no longer disconnecting while locked was a needed feature for myself. Also the bluetooth connection issues I had with my car head unit have been fixed.

Luiskp

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Sorry for the delay to answer.

I only tried the update for a few days, because my phone got wrecked by getting wet in the laundry machine.

Vibrator damaged, baterry exploded, and earpiece damaged... the rest is perfect, but im going to sell it

adamski777

Dec 12, 2012
Visit site
Luis - really sorry to hear that your phone took a tumble in the washing machine. Post update the battery has been much better even with wifi always on. when idle the phone doesn't burn battery at all. today got thru 20 hours using 60 percent - with light nokia drive usage, Bluetooth, couple of calls, photos and video taking. As I posted in another thread its finally the phone I expected to be walking out of the shop with back in mid November. Just need some more decent apps now!

Perus

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
Hello!

After returning my 920 for various reasons I'm waiting for a 820 to arrive later this week. In Sweden there's been a problem with both the 820 and 920 (SIM free) not supporting 4G out of box so
my question is if the RM825_1232.5951.1249.1003_RETAIL_eu_euro1 (059R096) CV_GB variant has the 4G-option available?

/Per

adamski777

Dec 12, 2012
Visit site
at the moment the CV_GB variant that I am using doesn't have 4g as an option, although I read elsewhere that there will be an OTA update to enable it at some point in the future. Nobody is going to wait are they! Maybe Luis and Carl who are using the Belgian update can select 4g on theirs. Guys?

Perus

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
I'm on the CV_FI portico now and everything works including 4G and auto time/date - most happy! I guess the CV_Sweden is close now as well ;)

/Per

Perus

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
No, it's gone now :( saved it earlier on the HD though just in case it would disappear like this ;)

There is probably a new version on it's way...

/Per

Perus

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
Yes I have, initially had some issues with drivers and W7 - solved by using W8 instead ;)
Otherwise it's a solid update for the 820. Had the CV_FI portico before this and apart from startup language and missing ##3282# test menu it works great with 4G and all that.
Just in case the (hopefully) upcoming OTA wouldn't work with Portico I've also saved the original fw in case they shut down navifirm...

/Per

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3