Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    Just for "fun" i installed nokia care suite and ran it against my unbranded unlocked lumia 820 that i bought in the uk. first interesting thing was it said the software status was out of date, and using the firmware download under tools it has picked up the update and downloaded it (1.3GB). However, to install the update it has to be done as a recovery so need to just take screen shots etc of the start screen and copy off my photos before pressing the magic button. has anyone else done this, and if so was it successful? untitled.png[ATTACH=capture.pngClick image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture.PNG 
Views:	13 
Size:	67.7 KB 
ID:	25176CONFIG]25175[/ATTACH]
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails untitled2.png  

Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    The Firmware that is appearing to you isnt Portico update.

Portico is given on Firmware version 1232.5921...(or something similar)

Edit: BTW we have the same product code ;) and waiting for Portico appear on Navifirm. (different from the one BE Proximus)
    Last edited by Luiskp; 12-20-2012 at 09:02 AM. Reason: BTW

That's not portico. Portico is Revision 1249 if I remember

Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    Sadly you guys are right, guess we are going to just have to sit tight... On a happier note I finally got my free wireless charger today. Also, i noticed people have been talking about the "other" storage that keeps growing. well, i flashed the phone anyway with the update as it couldnt do any harm, and when i put back my sd card with about 30 gb of music, videos and photos the sd card was indexed, and as it indexed it the "other" portion grew, although not that much (couple hundred meg). and yes it was indexing as initially got the its lonely in here message from music+video hub, and then if i kept going in and out then things started appearing. after about 30 mins the indexing was done - was slower for photos than for music and vids.

I've just flashed my 820 to the Belgian Portico update... not waiting till February!!!
    Everything is working fine so far.
    I got my handset Sim free from Carphone Warehouse UK, product code 059R096. Flashed with 059R5X0 (1232.5951.1249.1002 firmware)
    I'm on O2.
    Can send screenshots if needed.

Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    I updated with Proximus versi๓n... couldnt wait, came from Clove Unlocked version

Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    Carl & Luis - whats the feedback on the update - would you say its worth doing it now - has the battery got better? thanks guys

Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    Guys, this time its really there!!! Screenshot attached from Navifirm, and Care Suite picks it up as well... Rock on tommy!portico.png

To be honest, I'm not too sure but only because i'm using Whatsapp which is a battery hog and I have a lot of live tiles updating. However in saying that, it lasts a little longer than it did, maybe say 10-20% longer but don't quote me on that.
    The OS is smoother than it was but it seems to me as if some transition effects aren't quite as fluid as they used to be (Settings).
    Other than that no issues. Plus the Wi-Fi no longer disconnecting while locked was a needed feature for myself. Also the bluetooth connection issues I had with my car head unit have been fixed.

Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    Sorry for the delay to answer.

I only tried the update for a few days, because my phone got wrecked by getting wet in the laundry machine.

Vibrator damaged, baterry exploded, and earpiece damaged... the rest is perfect, but im going to sell it

Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    Luis - really sorry to hear that your phone took a tumble in the washing machine. Post update the battery has been much better even with wifi always on. when idle the phone doesn't burn battery at all. today got thru 20 hours using 60 percent - with light nokia drive usage, Bluetooth, couple of calls, photos and video taking. As I posted in another thread its finally the phone I expected to be walking out of the shop with back in mid November. Just need some more decent apps now!

Global Posts
    126 Global Posts
    Hello!

After returning my 920 for various reasons I'm waiting for a 820 to arrive later this week. In Sweden there's been a problem with both the 820 and 920 (SIM free) not supporting 4G out of box so
    my question is if the RM825_1232.5951.1249.1003_RETAIL_eu_euro1 (059R096) CV_GB variant has the 4G-option available?

/Per

Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    at the moment the CV_GB variant that I am using doesn't have 4g as an option, although I read elsewhere that there will be an OTA update to enable it at some point in the future. Nobody is going to wait are they! Maybe Luis and Carl who are using the Belgian update can select 4g on theirs. Guys?

Global Posts
    126 Global Posts
    I'm on the CV_FI portico now and everything works including 4G and auto time/date - most happy! I guess the CV_Sweden is close now as well ;)

/Per
    Nokia N8, Lumia 820 (eu_sweden)@portico

Global Posts
    126 Global Posts
    Finally! CV_SE (for 059R1V9) available now :)

Do you still find an portico update for Sweden on Care suite?

Global Posts
    126 Global Posts
    No, it's gone now :( saved it earlier on the HD though just in case it would disappear like this ;)

There is probably a new version on it's way...

/Per

Have you flashed your device with the update you found? And it all did go well?

Global Posts
    126 Global Posts
    Yes I have, initially had some issues with drivers and W7 - solved by using W8 instead ;)
    Otherwise it's a solid update for the 820. Had the CV_FI portico before this and apart from startup language and missing ##3282# test menu it works great with 4G and all that.
    Just in case the (hopefully) upcoming OTA wouldn't work with Portico I've also saved the original fw in case they shut down navifirm...

/Per

Is there no way to find the files now?

Swedish portico update now available on Nokia care suite :D

Global Posts
    626 Global Posts
    I put the update on and now the SD card isn't seen and the WP Win 8 to sync doesn't see the phone. Any ideas?
    When all else fails empty the magazine...

Try to update the phone trough Multi Software Updater.

Global Posts
    113 Global Posts
    Does it void your warrenty to do this? I have a firmware update that appears to be portico when i do the firmware update checker in the product support tool, although the OTA update isn't available yet. Multi Software Updater asks me to login so sadly I can't use that, but the product support tool seems like it'll work.
    Last edited by ChazTyldsley; 01-20-2013 at 12:34 PM.

Global Posts
    626 Global Posts
    The Multi Software Updater asks me the same so I can't use it.
    When all else fails empty the magazine...
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast