Camera's Poor

JoshuaShepherd

Dec 9, 2012
Visit site
Anybody else slightly disappointed with the camera? I'm comparing it with my S3 and I know the S3 is a higher-end model phone but for me the flash on the 820 is so poor, it's like it doesn't even flash. Anybody know any programs/apps which can improve it?

George Ponder

Editor
Dec 28, 2001
Visit site
I avoid the flash at all costs. It's not even a flash... it's a light the turn on for a second and then off.
It's handy as a focus assist light but not a camera flash.
I keep mine turned off unless I need to use it as a flash light.

The 820 has an average camera. Comparing it to the S3 is like comparing it the the 8X or Lumia 920. Not really a fair comparison.
It's going to take nice photos that could be fine tuned with post-processing software and be really nice.

iamtim

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I try to avoid flash in all circumstances on a smartphone. None of them are good, IMHO. But no, I am not unhappy at all with my 820's camera. I took this pic with my 820 yesterday (that's Koonu, my blue & gold macaw), and I'm super happy with the colors on it. It's way better than my iPhone 4 was, camera-wise.

adamski777

Dec 12, 2012
Visit site
I took my toddler to the zoo over the weekend, and it was a sunny day, and I got absolutely perfect pictures and videos on my 820. like the majority of smart phones you are better off with natural light. the minute you try and use the flash you are heading for trouble. also, because of the silly place they have put the lens suggest you get use a cloth for sunglasses to wipe it regularly. makes a difference.

Morq

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Photos are really good when done in daylight, when you're in closed room or in dark closed room then you might have a problem and then you have to use flash.
You could set higher iso, that brightens the photo up by a lot but also adds quite a bit of noise to the photo. Increasing exposure time (for me its not available to change it by default and requires additional application, like for instance CameraPro) it will increase the overall brightness but will require a very steady hand otherwise photos get smoodgy.

JoshuaShepherd

Dec 9, 2012
Visit site
Yeh, in the light its quite good, mums currently got the S2 and she used it today outside and she said how good it was but in the dark its VERY poor and the flash is awful IMO

matrixcruiser

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
I attached 3 prictures of the same scene. Taken with an ip4, ip5 and lumia 820. Just for comparison. The 820 is doing not bad. I know there is a bit of difference in the angels.

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    658.1 KB · Views: 7
  • Foto.jpg
    Foto.jpg
    512.9 KB · Views: 6
  • WP_20121222_001.jpg
    WP_20121222_001.jpg
    803.6 KB · Views: 7

Members online

No members online now.